X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • monitor_ep
    Talkative Member
    • May 11, 2013

Mole People comparison

So now that they Mole People have been released, its time to compare him to the Sideshow Toys version.

mp 5.jpg

mp 1.jpg

mp 4.jpg

mp 2.jpg

mp 3.jpg

The big difference is the color. Mego went with green where other figures went when browns.

Mego does not have the hump on its back. That doesn't bother me as much, the hump on a burrowing creature would cause too many problems.
    Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log
  • thunderbolt
    Hi Ernie!!!
    • Feb 15, 2004

But the hump would be screen accurate. I think the carded release will be the brownish color. I like the green better wish it matched the body
    You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Megotastrophe
      Permanent Member
      • Jun 29, 2018

I think he would be a great Zoidberg starter...

Comment

• rche
        channeling Bob Wills
        • Mar 26, 2008

yeah - the hump would be more accurate to the film and it would have looked a little better with a longer jacket. Might also give a little bit more of a stance to this character. It is very MEGO ish, tho. Something about the eye paint or perhaps placement gives me a cartoonish vibe with this figure. Sort of Simpsons like.

Comment

• imlaughing2death
          • Jul 20, 2020

I've never really understood why Universal always gives the Mole People such a bright brown in the first place. In the film they appear much darker, and a dark brown color would help them blend in with their native environment more.

Comment

• ODBJBG
            Permanent Member
            • May 15, 2009

I'm surprised they didn't just sew another football onto his back, given how much that's what the hump looks like.

Maybe they finally ran out of footballs.

Comment

• TrekStar
              Trek or Treat
              • Jan 20, 2011

It’s been awhile since this movie was on Svengoolie, hopefully they show it sometime soon. I want to see Alfred the Butler the volcano sun worshiping high priest, before he dusted the batcave.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                Hi Ernie!!!
                • Feb 15, 2004

The mat3k version is on YouTube

Originally posted by TrekStar
                It’s been awhile since this movie was on Svengoolie, hopefully they show it sometime soon. I want to see Alfred the Butler the volcano sun worshiping high priest, before he dusted the batcave.
                You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎