X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Falstaff13
    Persistent Member
    • May 28, 2008

Looking for Custom Help

I'm not a customizer. Anyone up here interested in what I think would be minor work for a good customizer? I want a figure of Peter Dinklage as he appears in his new film Cyrano. I think those with skills could easily adapt a Tyrion figure for this. Any takers?
    Hugh H. Davis

Wanted: Legends of the West (Empire & Excel) and other western historically-based figures. Send me an offer.
    Also interested in figures based on literary characters.
  • sprytel
    Talkative Member
    • Jun 26, 2009

Was the movie any good? I love Dinklage and the National, so I hope to check it out someday.

Are you looking for a Mego-style custom? Based on the pictures I have seen, his military uniform looks pretty involved. That would be challenging sewing. Plus, there is not a Tyrion figure in that scale to use as a base. I did some Game of Thrones customs using the Dark Horse statues, but it is not a straightforward conversion.

Comment

• Falstaff13
      Persistent Member
      • May 28, 2008

No, doesn't have to be Mego--I was even thinking of just a repaint of one of the Funko action figures (just not my wheelhouse to make the painting look good).

The film is good--there are some uneven spots, but Dinklage owns every scene he is in, and I think Haley Bennett is a rising star. Full disclosure: I think Dinklage is one of the greatest actors of his generation, plus I love the play, so I went in biased but also with high expectations. I've taught Cyrano dozens of times, and while it doesn't necessarily need to be a musical (there have been several faltering attempts over the years), the score s good, and there are some good songs that are crafted to work around the strength of each performer (Bennett has a traditional musical style, and her ballads show off her voice; Dinklage basically speaks the text, but his bass is so powerful it works, plus it ties to Cyrano's preference not to show those true romantic feelings to others).
      Hugh H. Davis

Wanted: Legends of the West (Empire & Excel) and other western historically-based figures. Send me an offer.
      Also interested in figures based on literary characters.

Comment

• sprytel
        Talkative Member
        • Jun 26, 2009

Thanks for the review, and good luck on finding someone to build you a custom.

Comment

• KingKickass1983
          Career Member
          • Jan 19, 2019

Can probably get away with repainting a Walgreens exclusive Tyrion figure.
          Wanted:

Diamond select Spider-man hands. Long shot, I know...but ya never know..

Comment

Working...
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎