X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ODBJBG
    Permanent Member
    • May 15, 2009

Originally posted by KingKickass1983
    Always pays to check round the corners... was able to get my hands on Toxie. But I gotta say...that Wolfman/Fly two pack was tempting too....just the price tag turned me off...I don't get why two figures that retailed for $15 individually would add up to $45 when packed together.
    Yeah it's a strange choice and bad pricing, especially when the figures are literally just old figures repacked into the two pack. It's not even exclusive packaging in that regard. It's legit the same old figures.

Obviously some of the two packs are completely new figures, so that makes a bit more sense.

Comment

• rche
      channeling Bob Wills
      • Mar 26, 2008

are the two packs showing different UPCs, or are they just generic?

Comment

• monitor_ep
        Talkative Member
        • May 11, 2013

20220125_105621.jpg20220125_105621.jpg

My local walmart got there extra inventory in but there setup was not as good. Still the same figures, did pick another Nun for extras.

They were not on the new list, which had me thinking they were going to stop carrying them. I was really happy to see them, that means my local store is walling enough to keep carrying them.
        Last edited by monitor_ep; Jan 25, '22, 2:20 PM.
        Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• Wee67
          Museum Correspondent
          • Apr 2, 2002

Originally posted by monitor_ep
          [ATTACH=CONFIG]32463[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]32463[/ATTACH]

My local walmart got there extra inventory in but there setup was not as good. Still the same figures, did pick another Nun for extras.

They were not on the new list, which had me thinking they were going to stop carrying them. I was really happy to see them, that means my local store is walling enough to keep carrying them.
          That looks like one of the Walmarts I visited. I hit 4 about 30-45 minutes south of me and only one had the new exclusive Megos displayed in this kind of mixed wall.

And that $45 price tag did hurt. After the $30 you'd pay for the carded figures, you're paying another $15 for the coin and the box!
          WANTED - Solid-Boxed WGSH's, C.8 or better.

Comment

• puckace
            Museum Super Collector
            • Feb 5, 2009

My local Walmart finally put these out this week. They were in the clearance section. Walmart, in their infinite wisdom, actually put these on clearance at my store. I just don't understand the stupidity of retail sometimes. So instead of buying only an Invisible Man, I picked up one of everything there. Invisible Man $11. Mole person $9. Young Frankenstein 2pk $30. Fly/Werewolf 2pk $35. Usually I only read about this happening at other collector's stores. First time for everything. Unbelievable!

Comment

• monitor_ep
              Talkative Member
              • May 11, 2013

You are so lucky!!
              Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• ODBJBG
                Permanent Member
                • May 15, 2009

Originally posted by puckace
                My local Walmart finally put these out this week. They were in the clearance section. Walmart, in their infinite wisdom, actually put these on clearance at my store. I just don't understand the stupidity of retail sometimes. So instead of buying only an Invisible Man, I picked up one of everything there. Invisible Man $11. Mole person $9. Young Frankenstein 2pk $30. Fly/Werewolf 2pk $35. Usually I only read about this happening at other collector's stores. First time for everything. Unbelievable!
                I always hear stories of different regional Walmarts doing this with new items. Usually followed by a ton of FB posts about how whatever line is "Already on clearance, it's dead" because people aren't very smart.

Unfortunately I've never had the pleasure of my local WMs making this mistake with new products. Ce'st la vie.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                  Hi Ernie!!!
                  • Feb 15, 2004

Has the second half of this shown up yet? Reptile, Creech, Klown, etc?
                  You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• ODBJBG
                    Permanent Member
                    • May 15, 2009

Originally posted by thunderbolt
                    Has the second half of this shown up yet? Reptile, Creech, Klown, etc?
                    I haven't seen any reports of people finding them yet. Supposedly they were on a separate container which is why there's a lag.

Comment

• rche
                      channeling Bob Wills
                      • Mar 26, 2008

I wonder how the second batch will do at my local. They spent one week sharing an endcap with a couple of NECA items and have now been split up and moved over to the area where the carded figures usually are and a separate endcap that tends to hold a slew of different types of collectibles. The Nun figure seems to have sold out. The box sets, Mole, and Toxie are all still there. Looks like about half of the Invisible Man figures are gone.

Comment

• rykerw1701
                        Persistent Member
                        • Aug 27, 2007

Originally posted by rche
                        Looks like about half of the Invisible Man figures are gone.
                        I mean, how can you tell? Wouldn't they be....never mind.

Comment

• rche
                          channeling Bob Wills
                          • Mar 26, 2008

Originally posted by rykerw1701
                          I mean, how can you tell? Wouldn't they be....never mind.
                          Well, the robes were there, but the rest was just…. Gone.

Comment

• justzeg18
                            Career Member
                            • May 5, 2003

Originally posted by puckace
                            I just grabbed a couple invisible men for $5 each and some mole men for $7.50 at my local store. The two packs were there as well, werewolf/fly $20, young frank $35.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                              Master of Fowl Play
                              • Jun 5, 2008

Clearanced--crazy.

Any sightings of the Reptile?
                              WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                                Eloquent Member
                                • Jan 19, 2008

Originally posted by justzeg18
                                I just grabbed a couple invisible men for $5 each and some mole men for $7.50 at my local store. The two packs were there as well, werewolf/fly $20, young frank $35.
                                W.T.F.??? That's insane. They aren't even available anywhere near me.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎