X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Werewolf
    Inhuman
    • Jul 14, 2003

MOTU and RAH Gi Joe turn 40 this year.

Happy 40th to Real American Hero and Masters of the Universe.
    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...
  • Earth 2 Chris
    Verbose Member
    • Mar 7, 2004

Gawd, does that make me feel old. They are as old now as World War II was to us when they came out. DANG!!!
    sigpic

Comment

• Werewolf
      Inhuman
      • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
      Gawd, does that make me feel old.
      Well, yeah, there's that.

I'm also happy that something I loved as a child is still popular and culturally relevant. I mean, who would have thought in 82 that they'd still be making He-Man figures some 40 years later. It's pretty amazing and I'm sure Hasbro and Mattel have big plans for the brands this year and we can expect some really neat stuff.
      You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
        Verbose Member
        • Mar 7, 2004

I'm also happy that something I loved as a child is still popular and culturally relevant. I mean, who would have thought in 82 that they'd still be making He-Man figures some 40 years later. It's pretty amazing and I'm sure Hasbro and Mattel have big plans for the brands this year and we can expect some really neat stuff.
        Our generation has kind of had a stranglehold on pop culture for decades now. We just can't let it go. Not that I'm complaining mind you! I eat this stuff up with a spoon. But we're kind of greedy in that way.

Chris
        sigpic

Comment

• Werewolf
          Inhuman
          • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
          Our generation has kind of had a stranglehold on pop culture for decades now.
          Some stuff just hits a chord with people, Like Mickey Mouse, Smurfs, Barbie, Universal Monsters, Superman, etc., and becomes part of pop culture.

Generations of kids long after we are gone will still be hugging Care Bears and I think that's kind of sweet.
          Last edited by Werewolf; Jan 21, '22, 11:11 PM.

Comment

• PNGwynne
            Master of Fowl Play
            • Jun 5, 2008

Not only making MOTU figures, but improving them IMO. It's a magical line.
            WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
              Verbose Member
              • Mar 7, 2004

Generations of kids long after we are gone will still be hugging Care Bears and I think that's kind of sweet.
              Oh yeah, it definitely is.

Not only making MOTU figures, but improving them IMO. It's a magical line.
              Yeah, the figures are kind of how we all wanted them back in the day, but still fit in just fine with the classics.
              sigpic

Comment

• Klosterheim
                Persistent Member
                • Mar 23, 2013

That's pretty cool.

Comment

Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎