Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Time Bandits --- appeciation thread ......

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mikey
    Verbose Member
    • Aug 9, 2001

Time Bandits --- appeciation thread ......

Why isn't this movie loved and appreciated as a work of cinema-art as much as me ???

Seen it in the theatre (back in the day) and was totally enthralled by its premise and its plot …

Wont give away any spoilers "new comers" that might want to check it out today...

Just remember, for religious people, just put you're religious beliefs on hold for a little while for a rollercoaster of fun...

Just to note ahead of time, I think it's ok for you (Christian etc) guys to watch it because GOD isn't a bad guy bad …

Produced and theme song by George Harrison

IMO, give it a watch
  • Falstaff13
    Persistent Member
    • May 28, 2008

It's actually my favorite of the Gilliam films, and I'm a huge fan of his works. I know I was basically at sea when I first saw it, but it still pulled me in, and I've loved watching it many, many times since and discovering differently layers.
    Hugh H. Davis

Wanted: Legends of the West (Empire & Excel) and other western historically-based figures. Send me an offer.
    Also interested in figures based on literary characters.

Comment

• drquest
      ~~/\~~\o/~~/\~~Shark!
      • Apr 17, 2012

It's actually one of my favorites in general. I was able to see this in the theater and always had a soft spot for it. I introduced it to my kids and they like it too in all of it's oddities. Add in George Harrison's most excellent theme song and it's just a great one!
      Danny(Drquest)
      Captain Action HQ
      Retro shirts and stuff
      More retro shirts
      Stuff For Sale

Comment

• Mikey
        Verbose Member
        • Aug 9, 2001

Originally posted by drquest
        ……….. Add in George Harrison's most excellent theme song and it's just a great one!
        I remember back in the day searching for George Harrison's theme on 45, "Dream Away" but could never find it anywhere.

The song wasn't all that super-great but it brought me back to the movie in my head --- and that's what a theme song supposed to do … …

Man, how did we let works of art like that slip through our fingers years ago, but today we accept McDonald's extruder machines making current muzzak (which is most likely down for repairs)---see McDonald's milk-shake machines.

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
          Muddling through
          • Oct 4, 2008

great movie. the Theme song is on Harrison's Gone Troppo album

Comment

• Bruce Banner
            HULK SMASH!
            • Apr 3, 2010

Always really liked it, from first seeing it in the theatre during its original release, right up to now.
            I had the Marvel comics adaptation, too.
            PUNY HUMANS!

Comment

• Klosterheim
              Persistent Member
              • Mar 23, 2013

Good, weird movie.

Comment

• Mikey
                Verbose Member
                • Aug 9, 2001

Bits like this --- Ogre,"At last, I can reeeeeeaaaally cough!. "

… doesn't care about anything else in the second ---

Terry, why did you leave the USA ?

Comment

Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎