X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • thunderbolt
    Hi Ernie!!!
    • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by darkbros
    Nice. Ordered my Nun figure online, as so far none of the Walmarts around me within 15 miles have the "New Fear" Promotion, and I've been to all four on the list.
    both mine do , but no special endcap, just lumped in with the rest of the pops and stuff
    You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
      Muddling through
      • Oct 4, 2008

Originally posted by ODBJBG
      As with so many things NuMego, this hasn't been clearly addressed yet.

One of the multitude of Mego reps, allegedly said that all the boxed figures were supposed to be $19.88 in some post on the FB (I can't find that post specifically, so I'm going off of secondhand report of that) and that Walmart screwed up the pricing. Why Mole People was the only one to come up that way is a bit of a mystery, but it's how it is in Walmart's system currently both in store and online. Mego has officially said that there shouldn't be two prices, and the Walmart online shows that some of the figures are "on sale" at $15.88 so that tends to lend some credence to the idea that these were supposed to be $19.88.

For as good as NuMego has been about communicating some things, they are often vague and obtuse about others. This question has been asked hundreds of times on their FB page but there have been scant few answers. I don't know why they are like that sometimes. I can only speculate in this instance that they're trying to downplay the pricing issue, as most people (and rightfully so IMO) think the higher price is kinda bunk given the figures are the exact same and the packaging, while more aesthetically pleasing to some, is not worth an addition $5.

That lack of a photo is just a Walmart thing. Sometimes new product gets put onto the site and it takes them a while to update with photos. Weeks sometimes. Their ecommerce site is not exactly the best run.
      i believe it was either Paul or Andy that said that the correct price point is 19.88 and Walmart made the error on the lower priced figures. i saw that mentioned several times on FB

Comment

• apes3978
        Permanent Member
        • Nov 19, 2005

Thanks for the info CrimsonGhost & Confessional...

Comment

• Jase
          • Sep 22, 2021

Lucked out and found the display at both of the Walmart stores here last week. They had one shelf price tag for all of the singles and it shows “Collectibles” $15.88. Of course Mole rang up at $19.88 so I asked about it and they price adjusted it to $15.88 for me. I noticed today that that single shelf tag is now gone so nobody will know how much they are.

I *really* like these boxes more than the cards!

A word of caution with ordering from Walmart online…they take ZERO pride in how they ship items. 90% of the collectibles I have ordered from them arrived with damaged cards/boxes. They even fold carded figures at the top to cram them into shipping boxes that are too small. I’ve also received carded figures that they shipped in a bubble envelope and the figure detached from the card and was loose inside the envelope. Avoid if condition is a concern.

Comment

• ODBJBG
            Permanent Member
            • May 15, 2009

Originally posted by Nostalgiabuff
            i believe it was either Paul or Andy that said that the correct price point is 19.88 and Walmart made the error on the lower priced figures. i saw that mentioned several times on FB
            I see it repeated a lot, but I've yet to see an actual post from someone from Mego. FB is such a cesspool it may be buried now, but for days all that was said was "Someone from Mego said they're all supposed to be $19.88" but never any actual post I could find of someone from Mego actually saying that.

Either way, I suspect there's probably some truth to that as it makes the most sense.

Unfortunately much of this stuff is being left to decipher with little whispers and people saying different things. Why NuMego doesn't have an official spokesman to speak on these sorts of things, I'll never know. Instead they got a half dozen guys who sometimes speak up and sometimes don't and sometimes contradict one another. No wonder fans are always filling in the blanks. In the absence of answers, rumors fill the void.

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
              Often invisible
              • Jul 18, 2002

Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                Eloquent Member
                • Jan 19, 2008

So, we're supposed to believe some little kid from facebook named Paul Clarke?

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
                  Often invisible
                  • Jul 18, 2002

Originally posted by LonnieFisher
                  So, we're supposed to believe some little kid from facebook named Paul Clarke?
                  That kid seems to have inside info.
                  Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                    Eloquent Member
                    • Jan 19, 2008

Originally posted by CrimsonGhost
                    That kid seems to have inside info.
                    He probably wants to work for Mego when he grows up...

Comment

• ODBJBG
                      Permanent Member
                      • May 15, 2009

Originally posted by CrimsonGhost
                      Cheers. What’s interesting is I heard this well before not attributed to Paul. Either way it’s good to see it confirmed. Rotten pricing but at least Walmart is erroring in our favor.

Comment

• JoeMego
                        • Oct 29, 2018

Finally saw most of the new Mego Wal-Mart figs yesterday, and picked up the Toxie fig and a Young Frankenstein 2-pack. I previously ordered the boxed Invisible Man from Wal-Mart.com. Passed on The Nun and the Fly/Wolfman 2 pack, because I'm not interested in The Nun and am pretty confident that the 2-packs will go on clearance at some point I'm afraid. They had what looked like a ful;ll case of the 2-packs and I don't think anyone before me bought any. Mole People also looks to be a peg-warmer, as well.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                          Master of Fowl Play
                          • Jun 5, 2008

Has anyone found The Reptile at Walmart in-store?
                          Last edited by PNGwynne; Feb 5, '22, 6:41 PM.
                          WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• justzeg18
                            Career Member
                            • May 5, 2003

Originally posted by PNGwynne
                            Has anyone found The Reptile at Walmart in-store?
                            The same weekend I found the others on clearance in Flint, I found Reptile and Toxie for retail at a location in Lapeer (#1987).

Comment

• PNGwynne
                              Master of Fowl Play
                              • Jun 5, 2008

Thank you.
                              WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• justzeg18
                                Career Member
                                • May 5, 2003

Originally posted by PNGwynne
                                Thank you.
                                Unfortunate update,
                                I stopped back by that location and only saw invisible, mole, toxie, nun and no other empty spots.
                                I may have been totally wrong about seeing reptile boxed, I think I got the trips confused as I did find the reptile carded at Meijer.

Sorry if my incorrect info messed anything up.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎