X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Earth 2 Chris
    Verbose Member
    • Mar 7, 2004

Walmart exclusives now available on Walmart.com

This is all over the ambassadors page, but I haven't seen it here. Go get 'em.

Chris
    sigpic
  • zeedox
    Career Member
    • Aug 10, 2007

Thanks just ordered Invisible Man. No Mole People?

Comment

• rche
      channeling Bob Wills
      • Mar 26, 2008

if you search for Mego Mole People, you can find it.

It is showing up with no image and the 19.88 price tag for me.
      The others show a 19.88 as original price, but are discounted to 15.88. (Looking at it again, Toxie is just 15.88 - no discount or higher original price)
      weird

Comment

• ODBJBG
        Permanent Member
        • May 15, 2009

They weren’t the higher price and discounted when they first popped up. Word on the street is that Mego wants to charge $19.88 so get em while you can at the cheaper price.

Comment

• zeedox
          Career Member
          • Aug 10, 2007

Thanks ordered the Mole Man...whats with the higher price and no image?

Comment

• ODBJBG
            Permanent Member
            • May 15, 2009

Originally posted by zeedox
            Thanks ordered the Mole Man...whats with the higher price and no image?
            As with so many things NuMego, this hasn't been clearly addressed yet.

One of the multitude of Mego reps, allegedly said that all the boxed figures were supposed to be $19.88 in some post on the FB (I can't find that post specifically, so I'm going off of secondhand report of that) and that Walmart screwed up the pricing. Why Mole People was the only one to come up that way is a bit of a mystery, but it's how it is in Walmart's system currently both in store and online. Mego has officially said that there shouldn't be two prices, and the Walmart online shows that some of the figures are "on sale" at $15.88 so that tends to lend some credence to the idea that these were supposed to be $19.88.

For as good as NuMego has been about communicating some things, they are often vague and obtuse about others. This question has been asked hundreds of times on their FB page but there have been scant few answers. I don't know why they are like that sometimes. I can only speculate in this instance that they're trying to downplay the pricing issue, as most people (and rightfully so IMO) think the higher price is kinda bunk given the figures are the exact same and the packaging, while more aesthetically pleasing to some, is not worth an addition $5.

That lack of a photo is just a Walmart thing. Sometimes new product gets put onto the site and it takes them a while to update with photos. Weeks sometimes. Their ecommerce site is not exactly the best run.

Comment

• zeedox
              Career Member
              • Aug 10, 2007

Thanks for the info and tips, those were the must haves for me so now I won't have to drive walmart to walmart!

Comment

• rykerw1701
                Persistent Member
                • Aug 27, 2007

I pretty much hate "The Hunt" as it's called, so being able to order these on line makes all the difference. The Young Frankenstein set is the only one of these exclusives that really speaks to me, and I'm glad I was able to get one. I'm sure we'll see a lot of returns now that the hoarders and scalpers will have to take back the goodies they grabbed out of the displays.

Comment

• ToyTalk
                  Career Member
                  • Mar 25, 2020

Got mine thanks to this post. I couldn't agree more about the "hoarders and scalpers". I truly have a strong disdain for those folks.
                  Looking for FTC figures from 5-10 years ago

Comment

• darkbros
                    Persistent Member
                    • Jul 3, 2012

Nice. Ordered my Nun figure online, as so far none of the Walmarts around me within 15 miles have the "New Fear" Promotion, and I've been to all four on the list.
                    Customizing 1:9: My Videoblog journey of Customizing!
                    https://www.facebook.com/customizingonenine
                    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
                    "I don't do it for the haters, I do it for the players." --snoop dogg

Comment

• Confessional
                      Maker & Whatnot
                      • Aug 8, 2012

The resellers seem so oddly entitled on these… as they are so readily available in many stores, and now online, such effort to scalp is moot.

Was nice of Joel to share some intel on the Topps shipment, the purpose of the coins, boxes, and pics of coming figures (Brent/Mutant ) in the vid-thing from last night. Hope to see this info shared in more effective/clearly communicated ways in the coming days. We're all here to help!
                      Last edited by Confessional; Jan 22, '22, 2:29 PM.

Comment

• toyman
                        Just Another Collector
                        • Sep 1, 2008

You will see .most of them returned to WM when they can't sell them on Ebay

Comment

• apes3978
                          Permanent Member
                          • Nov 19, 2005

Originally posted by Confessional

Was nice of Joel to share pics of coming figures (Brent/Mutant ) in the vid-thing from last night.

Regarding Brent and the Mutant: Did he show pictures of the actual figures that are being produced, or prototype pics?

Anything about Taylor and Zira?

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
                            Often invisible
                            • Jul 18, 2002

Originally posted by apes3978
                            Regarding Brent and the Mutant: Did he show pictures of the actual figures that are being produced, or prototype pics?

Anything about Taylor and Zira?
                            They were production pics. I’m sure they were pics from the factory for approval.
                            Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

• Confessional
                              Maker & Whatnot
                              • Aug 8, 2012

^^ Yeah, a few pics showing them on cards/loose. Fantastic stuff!

Also mentioned the Topps figures as now being "on the water" with a loose ETA of March.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎