Buying some TOYS? Use these nifty links to help support the Mego Museum!

Support the Museum! Buy toys!
ReMegos @ Entertainment Earth | Megos on eBay | Amazon USA | Amazon UK | Amazon Canada

Running the Museum isn't cheap, and we could use your help!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Your thoughts on Jimi Hendrix

Images
    Hendrix was great, no doubt about it. but there are many who are better. though in fairness, Jimi never got the chance to grow further. who knows, had he lived, he may still be considered the greatest

Oh, back to Jimi, his technique is of course blues based, but with the British invasion he did listen to EC with the Yardbirds and then the Bluesbreakers lp. Got into Beck's stuff with the yardbirds and Jimi's hand were so big he would fret the neck with his thumb on the neck instead of placing it behind the neck. His showmanship was nicked from Buddy Guy, who used to have a looonnngg cable chord and would run out into the street during a set playing away. And of course in the UK, you had Marshall Amps just arriving on the scene. Let's not forget the WAH WAH pedal...

What if he lived? I heard so many stories.

Jack Bruce said that he and Jimi and Tony Williams were gonna go into the studio (the week after he died) to jam, and then I also heard Ginger Baker was gonna do some work with Jimi and I also heard that there was gonna be another Band of Gypsy's lp. The possibilities. It is a really tragic story.

RIP JIMI.

Hendrix probably has the greatest legacy.

I believe he said Terry Kath was the best or his favorite.

Images
    I think if the REAL classic blues players having the option of using (not yet invented) feedback and fuzzbox etc could have performed stuff that would at least rival Hendrix.

Remember, these old artists were playing and recording on just a (probably second-hand) dobro resonator --- if that.

No. And never did. Hendrix became a big influence back in the day, but a dozen names or more instantly come to mind when thinking about guitar players.

Images
    All I know is that Little Richard hated him. Didn't like Jimi would upstage him.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jwyblejr View Post
    All I know is that Little Richard hated him. Didn't like Jimi would upstage him.
    Can't imagine Little Richard hating anybody

Images
    Jimi is the man.
    His guitar playing was innovative, his singing was great and the dude wrote great, great songs and made excellent albums.
    Are you Experienced?
    Axis: Bold as Love
    Electric Ladyland
    Band of Gypsies
    Even the post-death Cry of Love…
    All fantastic. The best is subjective but Jimi was definitely incredible and on of a kind. Modern music still owes a lot to that guy.