X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ODBJBG
    Permanent Member
    • May 15, 2009

Price differences based on licenses?

I would bring this up on the Ambassador group but it hasn’t been addressed and feel like it might end up as one of those controversial topics... but does anyone find it odd (and probably a bad strategy) to have two brand new boxed figures side by side and have two different prices?

The Mole People are retailing for $19.88 while the Toxic Avengers is the regular $15.88 and this is at every Walmart, so not a one off.

Troma have notoriously been easy to work with and license Toxie out for fairly cheap (or cheaper than you might imagine Universal asks) but I question this strategy. Mego’s pricing has really kinda been all over the place recently and while I do like the price break on Toxie, I wonder what exactly the deal is here. It’ll be interesting to see what some of the other boxed figures end up priced at.

For Walmart and Mego, I think $15.88 is that sweet spot in price.
  • MRP
    Persistent Member
    • Jul 19, 2016

Joel posted this on the Ambassadors group about an hour ago...

FYI -Boxed Mego’s - there shouldn’t be a price difference between the characters. Probably a glitch. I assume Walmart will adjust this soon one way or another
    Not sure which way the adjustment will go, but they should all be the same price apparently.

-M
    "Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Comment

• ODBJBG
      Permanent Member
      • May 15, 2009

Well that's good news. Hopefully it's down!

Comment

• phil
        Persistent Member
        • May 11, 2007

I found the Invisible Man and Mole People at my local Walmart today. Invisible Man was $15.88 and Mole People was $19.88.
        I can live with the price difference but it does seem odd. I was happy they both weren’t $19.88.

Comment

• Bronxboykev
          Permanent Member
          • Mar 7, 2011

They are all supposed to be the higher price point so take advantage of the lower priced ones while you can before they all go up to $19.88

Comment

Working...
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎