X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • scott metzger
    Persistent Member
    • Jul 9, 2007

Inkjet printed material question

Looking at doing Color Kid from the Legion of Substitute-Heroes somewhere down the line:
    whoswho-colorkid.jpg
    I'm thinking the rainbow part on the torso would work best if it was printed out as one piece and sewn into place. I've looked at some of the sheets of inkjet material, and the fact that they don't stretch wouldn't really make a difference in that spot, methinks. I'm just not sure how...sewable...the material is, as I'm pretty sure I'd need to overhand it to another part of the costume in at least one place. Can anyone who has used it shed a little light on how it works as fabric and how it takes to different kinds of stitches?
  • Spyweb007
    Persistent Member
    • Apr 18, 2006

When I've used the material in the past I have had no problems sewing it either by hand or with a machine. It is thin though, I am not sure if a dark color is underneath if it will show through at all. Also, I have noticed that the print does fade some over time, especially the color gray or black, but that may vary depending on the inkjet printer and inks you have.

Comment

• scott metzger
      Persistent Member
      • Jul 9, 2007

Thanks! That's the kind of thing I needed to know.

Comment

Working...
      😀
      🥰
      🤢
      😎
      😡
      👍
      👎