Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ODBJBG
    Permanent Member
    • May 15, 2009

I suspect if Bakula is not involved now, it doesn't mean he won't eventually show up. Probably a season 2 kinda thing.

Let the show breathe on its own for a bit first.

But it's being billed as a sequel and Bakula is the only principle alive. They obviously have thought about this.

Comment

• LonnieFisher
      Eloquent Member
      • Jan 19, 2008

My take of the trailer is that it isn't a continuation, but a reboot.

Comment

• ODBJBG
        Permanent Member
        • May 15, 2009

Originally posted by LonnieFisher
        My take of the trailer is that it isn't a continuation, but a reboot.
        Yeah but the premise is that this new person is trying to leap to find out what happened to Dr. Sam Beckett and to better understand the Quantum Leap accelerator machine itself. So it's definitely a sequel even if it's loose.

Comment

• LonnieFisher
          Eloquent Member
          • Jan 19, 2008

This starts tonight!

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
            Muddling through
            • Oct 4, 2008

i watched. i enjoyed it. it is definitely a direct sequel to the original. Sam and Al are both referenced more than once. i would be willing to bet that if the show continues, Ben will at some point run into Sam

Comment

• shaunaconda
              Museum Super Collector
              • Mar 29, 2020

It was okay…I’ll probably keep watching. But I have a feeling it’ll just be one season. I don’t trust NBC with sci-fi shows. I’m surprised LaBrea got a second season.

Comment

• Makernaut
                Persistent Member
                • Jul 22, 2015

Originally posted by shaunaconda
                It was okay…I’ll probably keep watching. But I have a feeling it’ll just be one season. I don’t trust NBC with sci-fi shows. I’m surprised LaBrea got a second season.
                That's about all I can say about it, too. I realize it was just the first episode and it might take a bit to gain some traction, but it was just a tad on the boring side. Cast and characters seem kind of "blah" and the story seemed a bit rushed, but it wasn't bad, either. Nothing I'm nitpicking is beyond fixing and again, it was just the first episode.

Comment

• Sideshow Spock
                  valar morghulis
                  • Mar 8, 2005

Bakula posted on his IG that his character was in the original script for the pilot, but that he decided to pass on the project. No specific reason given, but the speculation is he wasn't interested in being a part time player on the show.

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                    Muddling through
                    • Oct 4, 2008

show viewership dropped drastically with each new episode. doesn't bode well for it

Comment

• Liu Bei
                      Banned
                      • Mar 31, 2018

Originally posted by Nostalgiabuff
                      show viewership dropped drastically with each new episode. doesn't bode well for it
                      LOL. I wonder how many how many millions/billions must be lost before some of these execs get the picture?

You want to revive/reinvigorate a franchise? Learn from Cobra Kai. You want to kill it? Well, there’s plenty of examples for that out there too.

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                        Eloquent Member
                        • Jan 19, 2008

I think the third episode was the best so far.

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                          Muddling through
                          • Oct 4, 2008

i haven't watched E3 yet. will probably watch today. i like the show so far. the actors are likable enough. i think it would have worked a lot better if they had somehow gotten Bakula to appear. that would have given the show more credit with old time fans

Comment

• Wee67
                            Museum Correspondent
                            • Apr 2, 2002

Yesterday, NBC announced an order for 6 more episodes, bringing this season total to 18. According to comicbook.com, it sits at the top pf the coveted 18-49 demographic.

Quantum Leap: NBC Orders Additional Episodes for Season 1
                            By NICOLE DRUM - October 10, 2022 10:03 pm EDT

NBC has ordered more episodes of its new Quantum Leap. According to Deadline, the network has ordered an additional six episodes, bringing the freshman series' episode count to a total of 18. The series, which debuted on September 19, has been a hit for NBC averaging close to 3 million same-day viewers, currently sitting as the television season's top new series in the 18-49 demographic. The series is also one of the top series on Peacock as well.

Quantum Leap is a follow up to the NBC series of the same name which aired between 1989 and 1993. The new Quantum Leap takes place 30 years after Dr. Sam Beckett stepped into the Quantum Leap accelerator and vanished. Now, a new team led by physicist Ben Song (Raymond Lee), has been assembled to restart the project in hope of understanding the mysteries behind the machine and the man who created it. Everything changes, however, when Ben makes an unauthorized leap into the past, leaving the team behind to solve the mystery of why he did it. The series stars Lee, Ernie Hudson, Caitlin Bassett, Mason Alexander Park, and Nanrisa Lee.
                            WANTED - Solid-Boxed WGSH's, C.8 or better.

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                              Muddling through
                              • Oct 4, 2008

that's interesting because i read that viewership for episode 4 dropped another 115K or so.

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                                Eloquent Member
                                • Jan 19, 2008

I think it's getting better the more episodes it has. It just started really slow and boring. The more he leaps, the more interesting the leap is.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎