X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mikey
    Verbose Member
    • Aug 9, 2001

mashed potatos or fries ?

I'm leaning toward the fries, but if I don't eat them all in the next 5 minutes they'll be unpalatable (even with ketchup)

Think i'll go with the mashies
  • PNGwynne
    Master of Fowl Play
    • Jun 5, 2008

You don't know the skillet method of reheating fries & onion rings? Mmmm.

I usually only like mashed potatoes with gravy and corresponding meat.
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• J.B.
      Guild Navigator
      • Jun 23, 2010

I like them both, but it depends on what I'm having them with. Mikey, what happened to your avatar?
      You are transparent; I see many things... I see plans within plans.

Comment

• powersthatbe
        Persistent Member
        • Sep 27, 2010

As I am older I can't eat as much as them now in a sitting but mashed potatoes is one of my favorite foods.I love them with chicken gravy.

Comment

• YoungOnce
          Career Member
          • Aug 29, 2007

A hamburger and mashed potatoes? Nah…

Meatloaf and French fries? Nah…

It’s like putting a movie together… I want a co-star that will compliment the headliner.

Comment

• LonnieFisher
            Eloquent Member
            • Jan 19, 2008

How about deep fried mashed potatoes? Or maybe mashed french fries?

Comment

• apes3978
              Permanent Member
              • Nov 19, 2005

They both have their good points.

Either one goes good with broasted chicken, as do potato wedges.

Comment

• Klosterheim
                Persistent Member
                • Mar 23, 2013

It depends how they are made, and if they are real mashed potatoes.

If baked potato is a choice, that might be number one.

For this line up,

Real Potatoes-

I guess it is mashed potatoes with onion gravy, or with saur kraut.

Old diner or truck stop mashed potatoes with brown gravy used to be so awesome.

Followed by the other choice of chili cheese steak fries with sour cream.

Have you ever watched Ian McKellen, Gandalf, make scrambled eggs on youtube?, they are really good that way, and I wonder what he would do for making a good potato item.

Comment

• Mikey
                  Verbose Member
                  • Aug 9, 2001

When I first made the post I had in mind of a sit-down casual dining experience --- Red Lobster, Outback or even maybe your favorite local Ma & Pa steakhouse.

Comment

• KnightDetective
                    Veteran Member
                    • Aug 31, 2012

Originally posted by PNGwynne
                    You don't know the skillet method of reheating fries & onion rings? Mmmm.
                    Hold, what arcane magic is this of which you speak? Wouldst thou elaborate, good sir?

Comment

• PNGwynne
                      Master of Fowl Play
                      • Jun 5, 2008

Non-stick skillet on medium, no oil, no cover. Dump in leftover fries/rings and turn until hot and re-crisped. Delicious.
                      Last edited by PNGwynne; Jan 14, '22, 6:20 PM.
                      WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• KnightDetective
                        Veteran Member
                        • Aug 31, 2012

Originally posted by PNGwynne
                        Non-stick skillet on medium, no oil, no cover. Dump in leftover fries/rings and turn until hot and re-crisped. Delicious.
                        Thanks! Having to learn / relearn all these skills late in life. Hard to cook for just one, so anything that makes leftovers better is good to know!

Comment

• KnightDetective
                          Veteran Member
                          • Aug 31, 2012

Double post. Terribly sorry. Page didn't update for me. Got distracted, came back and hit "post" again. Nuke this one, please!
                          Last edited by KnightDetective; Jan 15, '22, 1:27 PM. Reason: Accidental double post

Comment

• PNGwynne
                            Master of Fowl Play
                            • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by KnightDetective
                            Thanks! Having to learn / relearn all these skills late in life. Hard to cook for just one, so anything that makes leftovers better is good to know!
                            You're welcome. A bit more effort than microwaving them, but so much better!!!

Comment

• Mikey
                              Verbose Member
                              • Aug 9, 2001

Best potato pancakes --- EVER

Buy a bag of cheap potatoes

---also 1 yellow onion and a pack of whatever-brand flour

Peal potatoes and scrape them through your moms old cheapo box cheese box-grater (on medium)

When done, take your grubby hands and rinse out ever bit of potato juice you can find …

(potato shreads MUST be free of all water they contain)

Peal and give yellow onion the box-shredder treatment ---on fine

Add a little salt and flour...….

and---enjoy

Gosh dang

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎