Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: tough hunting lately?

tough hunting lately?

Is it me or has finding pieces or even nice sets been a little harder lately? Maybe it's because I am not looking for as many things as I was before...who knows. How has your buying experience(s) been in the last 6 months or so?

thesharkman

Images
    Generally the stuff I'm looking for is just too hard to find or just too darn expensive when it does come up for sale.
    Last edited by drquest; Jan 11, '22 at 5:35 PM.

I recently picked up a MIB Playing Mantis Ming the Merciless figure for $20 at a peddler's mall a couple weeks ago. Haven't been doing any online searching for anything.

The GI Joe Winterfest is taking place here in Louisville, KY this coming Saturday. I hope to attend that. May be some CA items among the vintage GI Joe figures and accessories for sale there.

Steve

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Shermanator View Post
    I recently picked up a MIB Playing Mantis Ming the Merciless figure for $20 at a peddler's mall a couple weeks ago. Haven't been doing any online searching for anything.

The GI Joe Winterfest is taking place here in Louisville, KY this coming Saturday. I hope to attend that. May be some CA items among the vintage GI Joe figures and accessories for sale there.

Steve
    Wish I could make it there... not too far of a drive, but we're still not really going anywhere due to COVID stuff...

Images
    I think the prices on a lot of collectibles, particularly the nostalgic ones that we all like, have gone up a ton since the pandemic hit two years ago. I'm only guessing, but some have more money to spend on them as they weren't using the funds to travel or eat out or anything social, they have more time to focus on collections, and the items reflect a time when life is now perceived as easier, with lost loves ones still around. Oh, and everything is more expensive right now, too.

I've stayed away from buying vintage Mego or GI Joe because of what I suspect will be a temporary blip in prices. I'll revisit down the line when things calm down. In the meantime, I'm trying to focus more on all the great stuff I have rather than trying to add more.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by rykerw1701 View Post
    I think the prices on a lot of collectibles, particularly the nostalgic ones that we all like, have gone up a ton since the pandemic hit two years ago.
    You are correct. Nearly doubled in some instances. It's enough to make me only look for the small stuff
    Looking for FTC figures from 5-10 years ago

Quote Originally Posted by drquest View Post
    Wish I could make it there... not too far of a drive, but we're still not really going anywhere due to COVID stuff...
    Danny, maybe you can make it to the show in July. It's much bigger with more vendor rooms.

I sure haven't done as much in person hunting the last couple years but our local, small comic con is finally happening again this weekend and in the past I've always found a couple good items there to buy. I'm very curious how the pricing will be this year.
    Chad

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Shermanator View Post
    Danny, maybe you can make it to the show in July. It's much bigger with more vendor rooms.
    Perhaps... It's been on my list for years to go.

I can't imagine you needing anything CA. What's left on your Christmas list?

thesharkman