Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: tough hunting lately?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

tough hunting lately?

Is it me or has finding pieces or even nice sets been a little harder lately? Maybe it's because I am not looking for as many things as I was before...who knows. How has your buying experience(s) been in the last 6 months or so?

thesharkman

Images
    Generally the stuff I'm looking for is just too hard to find or just too darn expensive when it does come up for sale.
    Last edited by drquest; Jan 11, '22 at 5:35 PM.

I can't imagine you needing anything CA. What's left on your Christmas list?

thesharkman

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by thesharkman View Post
    I can't imagine you needing anything CA. What's left on your Christmas list?

thesharkman
    LOL.... I'm good on loose sets, and have just a few boxed costumes. I do have all of the coffin boxed figures, except for the Dr. Evil lab/gift set. I might consider upgrades for some of those if they pop up cheap. Did I share pictures of the Italian boxed Captain Action before?

No cheap costume boxes show up anymore, so I'm probably not going to be adding anymore of those, and any Superqueens I've had I sold years ago, so don't have any of them and probably won't.

I do need an Action Boy boomerang, original not reproduction. I apparently sold what I thought was an extra, LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by drquest View Post
    LOL.... I'm good on loose sets, and have just a few boxed costumes. I do have all of the coffin boxed figures, except for the Dr. Evil lab/gift set. I might consider upgrades for some of those if they pop up cheap. Did I share pictures of the Italian boxed Captain Action before?

No cheap costume boxes show up anymore, so I'm probably not going to be adding anymore of those, and any Superqueens I've had I sold years ago, so don't have any of them and probably won't.

I do need an Action Boy boomerang, original not reproduction. I apparently sold what I thought was an extra, LOL.
    The Italian box is the one w/ the cap costume included, right?

I was in an older toy group way back and someone sold all the superqueens at once. I passed and a friend got them...she really wasn't a captain action fan too. sigh....

thesharkman

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by thesharkman View Post
    The Italian box is the one w/ the cap costume included, right?

I was in an older toy group way back and someone sold all the superqueens at once. I passed and a friend got them...she really wasn't a captain action fan too. sigh....

thesharkman
    Yup, that's the one, came in Captain America costume.

I like the Superqueens, but either you get real lucky and find them, or you pay through the nose for them, and I just don't like them enough I guess.

I recently picked up a MIB Playing Mantis Ming the Merciless figure for $20 at a peddler's mall a couple weeks ago. Haven't been doing any online searching for anything.

The GI Joe Winterfest is taking place here in Louisville, KY this coming Saturday. I hope to attend that. May be some CA items among the vintage GI Joe figures and accessories for sale there.

Steve

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Shermanator View Post
    I recently picked up a MIB Playing Mantis Ming the Merciless figure for $20 at a peddler's mall a couple weeks ago. Haven't been doing any online searching for anything.

The GI Joe Winterfest is taking place here in Louisville, KY this coming Saturday. I hope to attend that. May be some CA items among the vintage GI Joe figures and accessories for sale there.

Steve
    Wish I could make it there... not too far of a drive, but we're still not really going anywhere due to COVID stuff...

Quote Originally Posted by drquest View Post
    Wish I could make it there... not too far of a drive, but we're still not really going anywhere due to COVID stuff...
    Danny, maybe you can make it to the show in July. It's much bigger with more vendor rooms.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Shermanator View Post
    Danny, maybe you can make it to the show in July. It's much bigger with more vendor rooms.
    Perhaps... It's been on my list for years to go.