X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS
    Museum Robot
    • May 9, 2007

Marx Safari Adventure Action Figures Catalog 1975

Marx Safari Adventure Action Figures Catalog 1975 Louis Marx’s 1975 Toy Line “Safari Adventure” followed the trend of sport adventure put forward by G.I. Joe and Big Jim (Fisher-Price would release the Adventure People Safari this same year) but unlike the others, their line strictly focused on it. Marx Safari Adventure was a well-made and […]
    The post Marx Safari Adventure Action Figures Catalog 1975 appeared first on PS.

More...
  • sprytel
    Talkative Member
    • Jun 26, 2009

These Marx toys were released right before everything moved to licensed figures and toys with cartoon tie-ins. And as much as I love the era of Mego and Star Wars, you can't deny the charm of these kinds of toys. That Marx Display at the end with the all the animals and the guy riding the elephant... wow, who wouldn't want to play with these!

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
      Verbose Member
      • Mar 7, 2004

Wow, I can honestly say I NEVER heard of this line before. Very nice. Reminds me of Gabriel's Lone Ranger line in a lot of ways. I know Marx was involved with that line in other countries.

Chris
      sigpic

Comment

• RonnyG
        Career Member
        • Apr 23, 2014

I got most of this set for Christmas one year! I was about 10 years old. The jeep, the cage which hooked up to the end of the jeep. The elephant had wheels on the bottom of his feet), the lion (whose mouth opened when you pressed a button), and the gorilla (whose arms moved when you pressed a button). I also got Buck and Sgt. Kogo. Did not get the female because my mom would not let me play with girlie dolls. Funny thing is: I don't remember wanting this for Christmas or asking for it, but, boy, was I happy opening each present up and finding each and every one thing from this set. The only thing I can think off is that my Mom worked at Sears Department Store at the time, and possibly got a good deal on them. I was into Six Million Dollar Man and GI Joe toys, so this fit right in. I still have the set at my Mom's house (I was an only child, and she saved everything for me).

Comment

• PNGwynne
          Master of Fowl Play
          • Jun 5, 2008

I have the crocodile and gorilla, they are beautifully-made and work well with Mego. I'd like more of the animals; I started a thread on this line a while ago.
          WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Confessional
            Maker & Whatnot
            • Aug 8, 2012

Been after the rhino for years, but I'd totally dig a dream Ape City playroom that incorporates the tower.

Comment

• SainthoodDenied
              Veteran Member
              • Feb 26, 2008

I been thinking about picking up some of this set. I had Buck Hunter as a kid, lots of great accessories.
              Chad

Comment

• TrekStar
                Trek or Treat
                • Jan 20, 2011

I remember having the Gorilla and Lion, many fearsome battles with my mego Tarzan.

Comment

• DavidCoppola
                  Veteran Member
                  • Nov 3, 2009

I was in 5th grade in 75 and NEVER heard of this line.

Comment

• apes3978
                    Permanent Member
                    • Nov 19, 2005

Originally posted by DavidCoppola
                    I was in 5th grade in 75 and NEVER heard of this line.
                    It does seem like a largely forgotten line, but I'd wager to guess it's better known than 'The Ready Gang' line by MARX (a line I wanted badly at the time, but was never able to get my parents to buy me any of them).

And in regard to the Safari Adventure theme of this thread, my older brother had the jeep, the cage, and the elephant... POTA's Burke and Virdon spent a lot of time locked in that cage

Comment

• monitor_ep
                      Talkative Member
                      • May 11, 2013

I would have loved to add this to my lineup but do not remember it.
                      Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

Working...
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡