X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • great_chandel
    Veteran Member
    • Mar 2, 2015

RIP Dwayne Hickman

He was actually an extra in "Grapes of Wrath" in 1934. While he made many, many TV appearances, he will always be known for "“The Many Loves of Dobie Gillis." His older brother, Daryl Hickman, who has also made many, many films, is still alive. Dwayne was always a good actor. He just never could shake that one roll. He was 87.
  • PNGwynne
    Master of Fowl Play
    • Jun 5, 2008

His brother Darryl acted, as well.

Dwayne will be remembered for Dobie, but I recall him from AIP films, especially Dr. Goldfoot. RIP.
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• apes3978
      Permanent Member
      • Nov 19, 2005

As far as on screen stuff, no doubt he couldn't shake being "Dobie Gillis", but I never had the feeling he ever truly felt 'held back' because of it... But he did have a pretty good run behind the camera, so he did pretty well in show business overall.

RIP
      Last edited by apes3978; Jan 10, '22, 4:11 AM.

Comment

• thunderbolt
        Hi Ernie!!!
        • Feb 15, 2004

Ahh that sucks, loved the show. RIP Dobie. I'm such a dope I didn't ever realize the show was the ,very obvious once you think about it, inspiration for Scooby Doo.
        You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• apes3978
          Permanent Member
          • Nov 19, 2005

The only thing I see in common between "Dobie Gillis" and "Scooby-Doo" is that Shaggy was kind of like Maynard G. Krebs (Bob Denver's character).

Comment

• thunderbolt
            Hi Ernie!!!
            • Feb 15, 2004

Dobie Thalia, and Zelda round out the gang. Or is Milton Freddie and Dobie Scooby-Doo?

Originally posted by apes3978
            The only thing I see in common between "Dobie Gillis" and "Scooby-Doo" is that Shaggy was kind of like Maynard G. Krebs (Bob Denver's character).
            Last edited by thunderbolt; Jan 11, '22, 8:32 AM.
            You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Mikey
              Verbose Member
              • Aug 9, 2001

Kinda remember him playing in an old episode of Kolchak

Maybe as this weeks police inspector or something

RIP

Comment

Working...
              😀
              🥰
              🤢