X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS
    Museum Robot
    • May 9, 2007

Mego 8? Hammer Reptile in Wal-Mart Exclusive Window Box

The 8″ Hammer Reptile will soon be making a return to retail in a new Wal-Mart exclusive window box in the next few weeks. This follows the announcement that The Toxic Crusader will also arrive at Wal-Marts in a window box.

More...
  • Megotastrophe
    Permanent Member
    • Jun 29, 2018

I do appreciate the effort that goes into the product. That being said...this is an underwhelming character from an underwhelming movie in, art wise, an underwhelming box. I bought the carded figure because I had some extra money that day. Speaking solely for myself, and again i can appreciate the effort that goes into the product... I cannot see me buying the boxed version to accompany my carded version. Completists are different I get that. A boxed Lugosi Dracula ..probably. Boxed Cheney Wolfman... maybe. Boxed Karloff Frankenstein or Mummy figures? Possibly. CFTBL? I could see even doing a whole boxed set of the Universals and that would have my attention.

Comment

• PNGwynne
      Master of Fowl Play
      • Jun 5, 2008

I don't agree. I really appreciate that Mego made an effort to improve the accuracy of her costume in this reissue. I like the film, too despite its shortcomings.
      WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Megotastrophe
        Permanent Member
        • Jun 29, 2018

It isn't a bad figure at all. If I didn't have the carded one I might have bought the boxed one. But the box just seems so meh to me.

Comment

• monitor_ep
          Talkative Member
          • May 11, 2013

Well I prefer the boxed figures. Since I use the monsters as part of my Svengoolie set, I would love to be able to put them back in the protective box till I need them again.

This might be why I haven't seen anything new this year, they are getting ready for a reset.
          Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• TrekStar
            Trek or Treat
            • Jan 20, 2011

I prefer the boxes as well, easy to store and takes up less room.

Comment

• Mego-Amigo
              Persistent Member
              • Jun 22, 2011

I will buy her again just for the box and open or sell my carded one. I really like the film as well.

Comment

• sprytel
                Talkative Member
                • Jun 26, 2009

I do agree the green figure against the green box doesn't quite pop. I would have preferred they used a contrasting color. But it is still cool that Walmart is doing boxed figures.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                  Hi Ernie!!!
                  • Feb 15, 2004

the lazy incorrect color dress was putting me off, now I may get her.
                  You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                    Verbose Member
                    • Mar 7, 2004

I do appreciate the effort that goes into the product. That being said...this is an underwhelming character from an underwhelming movie in, art wise, an underwhelming box. I
                    Have you seen the film? Nothing underwhelming about it.

I bought the orgiinal, but this one is more screen accurate. I'm in!
                    sigpic

Comment

• KnightDetective
                      Veteran Member
                      • Aug 31, 2012

Always liked boxed over carded. Bit of a treat to see a simple clean package design with no "choking hazard" text box to mar the presentation.

Comment

• Goblin19
                        Talkative Member
                        • May 2, 2002

Looks good. I liked the first enough that I don’t need this. Still hoping for a Gorgon to make it into production.

And I like the movie too. Not a great movie, but much better than I had expected.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                          Hi Ernie!!!
                          • Feb 15, 2004

If they ever make Darth Vader I fully expect the choking hazard warning

Originally posted by KnightDetective
                          Always liked boxed over carded. Bit of a treat to see a simple clean package design with no "choking hazard" text box to mar the presentation.
                          You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• KnightDetective
                            Veteran Member
                            • Aug 31, 2012

Originally posted by thunderbolt
                            If they ever make Darth Vader I fully expect the choking hazard warning

Comment

• Monstar
                              Museum Super Collector
                              • Mar 6, 2008

Since I have not seen these hit Walmart yet, I took to google to find any info and stumbled across a couple of things. The site zlccollectibles has the boxed version up for pre-order, shipping in July and the wholesale site, license-2-play, has it available in June. So this is only exclusive to WM during a window period? If so Mego should hustle to get this into WM stores...
                              http://twitter.com/MonstarPR

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎