X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • thunderbolt
    Hi Ernie!!!
    • Feb 15, 2004

My bad, I guess Roberto/Blue Meanie is right. Photographic evidence cannot lie.
    You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• toyhunter1970
      Veteran Member
      • Feb 24, 2020

im late too the this had no idea mostly since i dont even buy new megos but when the founder and heart soul of this place leaves you might as well close the whole place down unbelievable what went down

Comment

• Blue Meanie
        Banned
        • Jun 23, 2001

Wow...I guess the Mods don't want people to see my post about the backroom. Completely deleted. Kind of pathetic. Thunderbolt knows that there was a post about the backroom or he wouldn't have responded with his little pic. You know what I find really sad...All of you are being lied to and posts are being deleted completely and nobody cares.

Comment

• ODBJBG
          Permanent Member
          • May 15, 2009

The reality is, much of the Target collector section is stocked by third party vendors.

Is Mego the exception? Possibly. Does Target farm this out and maybe it’s something that Mego isn’t aware of? Could be. Would a company intentionally mislead people for some reason? I mean... it happens. Could all of the Target managers and employees who say a third party vendor does that area, be wrong? I mean yeah that’s possible too.

But when you have conflicting information it’s not really that ridiculous to speculate based on the information you’ve been given. Mego says no, Target says yes. Hmmm. Two parties to this story so yeah, there is some confusion.

I personally don’t know how it makes any difference either way. As I mentioned earlier in this thread NECA does use a vendor. This has been confirmed by them repeatedly as well as dozens of other sources. Their distribution at Target still generally sucks, with a few exceptions where the local vendor gets stock and takes care of it quite well. But others don’t.

Comment

• thunderbolt
            Hi Ernie!!!
            • Feb 15, 2004

Dude I’m not in the back room

Originally posted by Blue Meanie
            Wow...I guess the Mods don't want people to see my post about the backroom. Completely deleted. Kind of pathetic. Thunderbolt knows that there was a post about the backroom or he wouldn't have responded with his little pic. You know what I find really sad...All of you are being lied to and posts are being deleted completely and nobody cares.
            You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Blue Meanie
              Banned
              • Jun 23, 2001

Originally posted by thunderbolt
              Dude I’m not in the back room
              But you obviously saw my post or you wouldn't have responded. So you tell me why you responded if I didn't say anything? There should be a post before your little milkman meme / photo. It's not there. Before that post that was deleted by the Mods I hadn't posted in this thread since page 3 or to be more specific since January 7th.

Comment

• TrekStar
                Trek or Treat
                • Jan 20, 2011

Well folks this is what I have to tell you…back when wave 3 was released, I went to my local Target and went straight to the action figure aisle and YES, I remember seeing a TARGET EMPLOYEE red shirt/smock etc, wheeling a cart up and down the aisle and opening a box with a box cutter and hanging on the pegs Mego figures, this was not an outside vendor like Coke-Pepsi-frito-lay.

The box did not have mego written on it, or any writing on it I can remember, I think maybe the box just had the Target logo on it.

I also remember asking the employee about that production code number, they were very helpful.

Now it’s wave 14, maybe things have changed with vendors, but I somehow doubt it. With seeing the Target employee stocking the shelve pegs with the carded mego’s, it just made me think that these are loaded onto the Target trucks buy warehouse employees whether they work for Target or someone else, and the trucks make deliveries to the choice Target stores loading docks, and unloaded by the driver or that particular target store people, and then later brought to the aisles and opened and stocked by the Target employee.

BUT…regardless of the argument, I did see with my own eyes back when wave 3 was released a Target store employee taking Mego figures out of a box and hanging them on the pegs. Of course that was then and this is now, so who knows, but if your told an outside vendor stocks these themselves, it was not true at least back at that time.

Comment

• danadoll
                  Micronaut Nut!
                  • Apr 11, 2005

Target stocks the figures themselves, there are no slacking mystery “vendors”. Some Target stores just aren’t carrying Mego figures and some are, that’s just the way it is.

Dana
                  "Do you want a doll?" Kurt

Comment

• ODBJBG
                    Permanent Member
                    • May 15, 2009

It’s a completely different situation from when Target was carrying Mego in the toy aisle, FWIW. I don’t think anyone is disputing that Target themselves carried the line originally. The shift to Mego joining the collector section where vendors do the stocking, is what obviously has caused some confusion. Anecdotal evidence is only semi useful and broad proclamations that it’s clearly one way or the other are likewise specious at best when there’s conflicting information. As I said in my last post, there’s plenty of room for possibilities given the actual facts but none of it changes the outcome. Why people get so bent out of shape about it is beyond me.

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                      Eloquent Member
                      • Jan 19, 2008

I've seen the Target employees stock them within the last couple of months. Got scolded for daring to touch some figure in a box before it was put on the peg because it was in a cart with other stuff to be stocked in the electronic section.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                        Hi Ernie!!!
                        • Feb 15, 2004

But you obviously saw my post or you wouldn't have responded. So you tell me why you responded if I didn't say anything? There should be a post before your little milkman meme / photo. It's not there. Before that post that was deleted by the Mods I hadn't posted in this thread since page 3 or to be more specific since January 7th.
                        I saw nothing, it was already removed whatever your latest rant was. I just found this elsewhere and thought it proved your point, Like a Bigfoot picture.

Comment

• RonnyG
                          Career Member
                          • Apr 23, 2014

Is this the same outside vendor who does the stocking for the He-Man action figure line? The stores I visit are always out, too!

Comment

• thunderbolt
                            Hi Ernie!!!
                            • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by RonnyG
                            Is this the same outside vendor who does the stocking for the He-Man action figure line? The stores I visit are always out, too!
                            Mattel has their own milkman. Might be the Maytag repairman

Comment

• Type3Toys
                              Home Of The Type3 Body
                              • Jan 18, 2005

Is it possible that Targets in different areas do things like stocking different?
                              Perhaps Targets in some areas stock Mego themselves while Targets in other areas have an outside vendor?
                              Some people have seen Target employees stock Mego, while others, myself included, have been told an outside vendor does it.
                              So perhaps nobody is wrong and nobody is being lied to, perhaps it's just different everywhere? Either way, that is what the evidence is actually showing us based on what people are actually seeing in their respective Target stores.
                              LOOK
                              Action Figure Design & Prototypes
                              For Samples See Home -Type 3 Body & Spiderman
                              To Contact: type3toys@comcast.net

Comment

• EMCE Hammer
                                Moderation Engineer
                                • Aug 14, 2003

You're turning into a real pain in the ***. You don't have access to the backroom AT YOUR REQUEST. Something about how you didn't want to be involved in drama? If one of your posts was deleted, assume it was because it was deemed to be counter productive BS. You're convinced Target is getting their Mego stocked by a third party. Mego Corp says that's incorrect. You say they are liars. Are you going to do a GoFundMe to hire a PI to get to the bottom of this scintillating mystery? If your collecting passion is complaining about Mego Corp. stocking, do it somewhere else.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎