X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • zeedox
    Career Member
    • Aug 10, 2007

In the real word when folks say things that might not digest correctly for a person seems the best bet has been to kinda let it be a bit rather than stirring anyone up.
    I think you'd be must better off taking on folks you mock the limitations of the Mego for example since we are all here to not only further the toys we grew up with but
    maybe help ensure their future as well.

Comment

• TRDouble
      Permanent Member
      • Jul 10, 2012

Well, I guess I missed a lot after I posted in this thread.

It's a sad, sad day at the museum when the soul of the place is leaving because they finally had enough. There was a thread in another forum that asked about missing people who used to post; I guess we can add Brian/palitoy to that list now. The environment demonstrated in this thread is why I stopped posting long ago at every other toy and collectibles board. When I started actually posting at the MM, it was mostly free of this kind of stuff.

It's almost like the worst thing that could have happened to the Mego community and the Mego Museum was the return of Mego. How crazy is that?

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
        Verbose Member
        • Mar 7, 2004

It's almost like the worst thing that could have happened to the Mego community and the Mego Museum was the return of Mego. How crazy is that?
        It did seem to bring out the worst in some people who felt connected to the brand. If they weren't given a seat at the Board of Director's table, they became so disgruntled they wanted the new Mego burnt to the ground.

Chris
        sigpic

Comment

• VintageMike
          Permanent Member
          • Dec 16, 2004

I know nothing about the inner workings being discussed here, toys or otherwise. I'll just say reading all this is really distressing. In a way I wish Mego never returned. I've seen nothing but the community grow apart since it came back. Blame whatever you want. In the end, to me at least it doesn't matter. I rather see friendships endure and the community I know stand together than worry whether Target or Wal-Mart has new figures. I'm not leaving (not that I post much these days) but after reading all this had to get that off my chest.

Comment

• Liu Bei
            Banned
            • Mar 31, 2018

Originally posted by VintageMike
            I know nothing about the inner workings being discussed here, toys or otherwise. I'll just say reading all this is really distressing. In a way I wish Mego never returned. I've seen nothing but the community grow apart since it came back. Blame whatever you want. In the end, to me at least it doesn't matter. I rather see friendships endure and the community I know stand together than worry whether Target or Wal-Mart has new figures. I'm not leaving (not that I post much these days) but after reading all this had to get that off my chest.
            I’m glad Mego is back, and don’t think Mego has anything to do with the behavior of people, on the internet or anywhere else.

It isn’t fun sometimes to read all the rage-filled tantrums of grown men because they can’t find their dollies at retail, but at the same time we’ve all been on the internet long enough to know you’re going to run into that stuff. Just put that person on ignore if that feature exists, or have the discipline to not read their posts if it doesn’t.

Allowing negative people to bring you down and drive you away is not really the best way to deal with things, in my opinion. If I don’t like what someone says, I ignore it, especially when they’re butthurt and just wanting to whine.

Life’s too short to get offended by idiots.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
              Verbose Member
              • Mar 7, 2004

I’m glad Mego is back, and don’t think Mego has anything to do with the behavior of people, on the internet or anywhere else.

It isn’t fun sometimes to read all the rage-filled tantrums of grown men because they can’t find their dollies at retail, but at the same time we’ve all been on the internet long enough to know you’re going to run into that stuff. Just put that person on ignore if that feature exists, or have the discipline to not read their posts if it doesn’t.

Allowing negative people to bring you down and drive you away is not really the best way to deal with things, in my opinion. If I don’t like what someone says, I ignore it, especially when they’re butthurt and just wanting to whine.

Life’s too short to get offended by idiots.
              Fair enough, but not so easy to do when you run the place. There's only so much a person can tolerate before walking away is the best for their own personal well-being.
              sigpic

Comment

• Liu Bei
                Banned
                • Mar 31, 2018

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
                Fair enough, but not so easy to do when you run the place. There's only so much a person can tolerate before walking away is the best for their own personal well-being.
                I wouldn’t let anyone run me out of my own house, but that’s just the me, I guess. I hope Palitoy will feel better after a short break, and then come back. This forum is a much better place with him here.

Comment

• Goblin19
                  Talkative Member
                  • May 2, 2002

I don’t think anybody ran him out. I think it was a last straw situation. Moderating is thankless. It’s the type of thing people get paid for in the real world.

Comment

• Liu Bei
                    Banned
                    • Mar 31, 2018

Originally posted by Goblin19
                    I don’t think anybody ran him out. I think it was a last straw situation. Moderating is thankless. It’s the type of thing people get paid for in the real world.
                    To be fair, no one broke any forum rules, as far as I’m aware. I don’t know what is going on in anyone’s personal life, but on the face of it quitting seemed to be a bit of an overreaction, but that’s just based on my extremely limited viewpoint. Maybe this has been building for awhile now.

Either way, like I said, I hope Palitoy comes back after he’s had some time away. I think he’s an important part of this community.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                      Verbose Member
                      • Mar 7, 2004

Walk a mile in the man's shoes, and then you can see if it was an overreaction. He's been deflecting a lot of negative, very personal stuff aimed his way from people who he once considered friends for some time now. And all over meaningless plastic playthings. Based on what he said, this was the final straw, and he has very exciting, positive endeavors he's a part of elsewhere. Why stay here and take unnecessary lumps? I'd leave too.
                      sigpic

Comment

• thunderbolt
                        Hi Ernie!!!
                        • Feb 15, 2004

Especially when they are getting the same or worse treatment on facebook

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
                        You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• mego maniac mark
                          Career Member
                          • Aug 3, 2010

I hate to see these “dolls” as, my sister calls them, polarize the fine folks here. I have been to Mego meet a couple times a decade ago and had the pleasure of meeting many of you folks here that are at the heart if this thread.
                          I can sympathize with all the joys and frustrations of the return of Mego.

I am a native New Yorker who at the age of 6 or 7 got my first “doll”, a RC Batman from the counter display of original 4 at Alexander”s in the Bronx. Many of you had a similar experience at your big box store in whatever part of the world you live.
                          When Mego returned to retail , it was fitting I was working in NYC area to find the end cap at a Target in Queens.
                          A euphoria 42 years in the making realized. I was delighted to get the closest thing to Batman , a Bela Dracula.

Since then, I have been excited to see the Mego waves grow over the last years but the ability to find them at the stores has been next to impossible here in the NY area. I have had to purchase the newer waves online , which does not carry the same thrill. It is great these “dolls” are back, but I want to be able to have them in my hands, at the store before I buy them. That just isn’t a reality and sucks, especially the time and effort that is put in by driving around and walking into these big boxes.
                          Just yesterday I was in a Target where the collectible section looked like somebody had a fight there, just a mess. I had last been there a month ago and found Cavill and Gadot figures. I bought them. There was still a couple Cavill’s left. I am also into those new 66 Batman figure. There were still bat-mobiles and batcaves left from Xmas.
                          So I ask a clerk if they have any of the figures for them. He also gave me the it’s a vendor who brings them in and they don’t work the section. I asked, so none of these items come in on your trucks? He then was stumbling he wasn’t sure but he has seen people who do not work got Target working in that area.

So the big mystery is who are these vendors? Can one of the Mego ambassadors confirm or deny that there is a third party distributing these at retail? Will this also be the case with the boxed ones coming to Walmart ? I am not on face book and am not joining anytime soon. I rely on this site to get my information here. I enjoy the museum, and hate to see each other be frustrated with each other on something that is out of our control.

Peace ✌️✌️✌️
                          Peace
                          mego's befo ho's

Comment

• thunderbolt
                            Hi Ernie!!!
                            • Feb 15, 2004

It’s been said to death that Mego doesn’t have vendor agents or whatever they are. Not sure why people can’t accept that Target, the company that brought all those wonderful tv sitcom Mego to us, could be wrong or confused ?
                            You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• mego maniac mark
                              Career Member
                              • Aug 3, 2010

Thanks Thunderbolt.
                              If it has been said to death, it must have been said elsewhere besides here. I am not on the face book, so maybe this assault happened there. ��*♂️
                              I wanted to point out that another member said that a vendor brought those products in at the collection section of the Target they were at. Now that happened to me this week asking not for Mego, but the Mcfarlane Batman 66 figures.
                              It could easily be chalked up to associates that are misinformed, or just could care less. For all we know, there could be a be a vendor that brings in an obscure whatever that lives in that space, leading to the associate to assume it’s everything in there that is brought in by a vendor.
                              I am curious being in the retail business most my life. There are many retailers that have scan based items brought in by vendors that are only tracked when sold. This way the retailer does nor shell out the initial costs of said products.
                              It is possible items in that section apply to this program. The more obvious reason these secretions are empty is the same as other items not being on the shelves across the country.
                              mego's befo ho's

Comment

• thunderbolt
                                Hi Ernie!!!
                                • Feb 15, 2004

If Mego had agents going store to store don’t you think that would be a bragging or selling point and it would be publicized by them?

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎