X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TheNewGiJoeWithKungFuGrip
    Veteran Member
    • Jun 18, 2015

Originally posted by Spyweb007
    Most likely the manager really doesn't know the difference between Mego and Neca and whatever else is there, and doesn't care. I can't imagine any of the toy aisles in the Targets I visit wold look the way they do if the employees or store cared at all. The managers at Toys R Us would flip out if the aisle looked that empty unless the store room was bare when I worked retail. "Can't sell empty space" the always said.
    This is almost certainly the case. Mego isn't a major record company and they can't afford to stock stores themselves. Now please don't continue posting about this all over the place. This is how rumors get started.

I'm so tired of the constant strife this community has had since the Topps deal, and honestly Brian had the right idea leaving. I might even follow him.
    The hands that grip.

Comment

• PNGwynne
      Master of Fowl Play
      • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by TheNewGiJoeWithKungFuGrip
      ...I might even follow him.
      Please don't.
      WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• sprytel
        Talkative Member
        • Jun 26, 2009

You come in here saying people "are LYING" and that your "being fed BULL****" in a rage filled post... and yet somehow respond with "don't EVER call me a liar" just because someone suggested you might be wrong. That's rich.

But whatever... I'll bite. Let's assume you are not wrong.

1. Despite being told contrary by Mego
        2. Despite others saying that they have had a different experience
        3. Despite what someone with an encyclopedic knowledge of the subject matter says
        4. Despite the possibility that your sources don't know a Mego from a Funko Pop

Let's say you can prove your theory. I dunno... you have photos of Doc Mego himself restocking the pegs.

What's the point?

Bully for you. You caught them in the act. You uncovered a massive conspiracy in the dollie world that makes Watergate look like chump change.

But how does that change anything? Is Target desperate to put the figures on their shelves, but Mego is stopping them? Does this revelation somehow get these stocked at your Targets?

I don't get it.

Comment

• TrekStar
          Trek or Treat
          • Jan 20, 2011

Honestly if any questions need to be answered and who’s right or who’s wrong or who’s been misinformed by another individual working in a department store whether intentionally or not, can maybe likely be answered by Paul Clarke Dr. Mego himself.

Target and Walmart employees and managers are not mego savvy, to them it’s just another action figure like Batman Barbie and WWE, so ask someone who is, Palitoy had the inside scoop, but the final truthful answer would come from Doc Mego or even Marty himself, bickering and finger pointing just adds fuel to the fire and nothing gets settled.

Comment

• warlock664
            Persistent Member
            • Feb 15, 2009

Originally posted by Blue Meanie
            I'm here and I'm not going anywhere... I have no reason to leave the Museum and won't anytime soon.
            Run a man out of his own house, then stick around and empty his fridge, watch his cable, and kick his dog. Classy.

Comment

• PNGwynne
              Master of Fowl Play
              • Jun 5, 2008

1670 views, disgusting. It's like vultures circling a car accident.
              Last edited by PNGwynne; Jan 8, '22, 6:37 PM.
              WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Spyweb007
                Persistent Member
                • Apr 18, 2006

I'm sure the frustration level is only high because we love these figures and it is so hard to find them at the two major retailers who are supposed to be carrying them. I would rather be able to walk into the store once or twice a week and pick one up for $15. It's a lot easier on the budget than ordering a whole bunch at once online, and I sometime miss out because I don't have the money to place a big order, so I understand where the frustration is coming from.

Comment

• zeedox
                  Career Member
                  • Aug 10, 2007

Neither Target or Walmart are worth the frustration.

Comment

• apes3978
                    Permanent Member
                    • Nov 19, 2005

Originally posted by PNGwynne
                    Please don't.
                    Agreed... I don't want anyone leaving the MM: We need all the people we can get.

Comment

• MegoSteve
                      Superman's Pal
                      • Jun 17, 2005

Was a Music Department Manager for Circuit City and the old Wiz here in NY. Set up 4 stores for Circuit City. Some don't really understand how retail works these days.
                      Circuit City went out of business in 2009. Your involvement with them gives you no authority to discuss how Target runs its business in 2022. You are clueless.

You come here acting like you've uncovered the Watergate conspiracy based on discussions with two people who probably are blowing you off because you keep bugging them about dolls they never heard of and couldn't care less about. Who cares?

Comment

• Action Martin
                        Persistent Member
                        • Dec 30, 2007

Back when Mego returned, my Target had an endcap and a section in the action figure aisle for Mego. Last month there was no Mego section at all.
                        Scott

Comment

• Liu Bei
                          Banned
                          • Mar 31, 2018

Originally posted by Action Martin
                          Back when Mego returned, my Target had an endcap and a section in the action figure aisle for Mego. Last month there was no Mego section at all.
                          If they still have them, they’ll be in the collectibles section now, not the toy aisle. It’s usually in the same area as the electronics (DVDs, CDs, and records) and books/magazines.

Comment

• Action Martin
                            Persistent Member
                            • Dec 30, 2007

Originally posted by Liu Bei
                            If they still have them, they’ll be in the collectibles section now, not the toy aisle. It’s usually in the same area as the electronics (DVDs, CDs, and records) and books/magazines.
                            Ah. That's where my Target has their Funk Pops.
                            Scott

Comment

• Goblin19
                              Talkative Member
                              • May 2, 2002

All the Targets by me have been well stocked on z Mego for months. They’ve even gotten some in before they seem to be at online retailers.

Comment

• Atomikhammer
                                • Nov 20, 2012

Originally posted by Blue Meanie
                                How is it deafening??!!?? I'm here and I'm not going anywhere. I asked that the thread be closed at the same time of Brian's first post. Even agreed with Brian later on in the post that it was a waste of energy. Nobody shut it down. I'm not and admin and can't close a thread.

I asked a simple question. It seems you can't question ANYTHING when it comes to the poor distribution of Mego figures. And God forbid you actually post something that was told directly to you by 2 Department Managers that outside vendors bringing in stock to Target. I'm not lying about that. It's a fact. That's all I got and it's basically all I am going to say anymore about anything that has to do with new Mego figures. When you can't even state facts in a post then it truly is a waste of energy / time. I got called out for somehow spreading misinformation and I responded with facts and asked if pictures were needed. Spreading misinformation is basically calling me a liar. Call me anything you want, but don't EVER call me a liar. I am straightforward with EVERYONE that I have ever interacted with either here, 20 years here on the museum, or at Mego Meet for the last 15 years.
                                Believe what you want to believe...but I have no reason to leave the Museum and won't anytime soon.
                                ........just Wow. Rage has really replaced reasonable discourse. Hope you are proud. :(

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎