X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LonnieFisher
    Eloquent Member
    • Jan 19, 2008

Originally posted by palitoy
    I think we'll keep the thread up, I'd hate to be accused of censoring "the plebes".

From now on, the Moderation of this forum falls on Steve and anyone he taps to help him out.

This is a long time coming but the "Mego Community" no longer brings me any joy. I've had so many people who smiled at my face stab me in the back when I told them to calm the hell down. I think I've taken my last insult from a so-called "friend". Somewhere I've become "the enemy" and that's both stupid and sad. I also seem to be held to a standard that my critics don't adhere to.

I'll still post some content and plug my work AKA "Shameless Self Promotion" but the writing is on the wall for me to go be happy.

I've only got a decade and a half left on this coil and I'd rather not waste it arguing about the luxury of finding toys at retail. I have stuff I want to finish.

I don't have a Target in my country, so 2018 sucked. Topps ripped Canadians off on shipping and only one store in my town stocks mego and I have to compete with every collector in a 50km radius. Even then they only get every other wave. So bellyache all you want but you have it pretty damned good from where I sit.

So tear each other apart, burn friendships, pretend name-calling rants and conspiracy theories are "simple questions". I don't care. I'm even sorry I wasted my time writing this.

Hope you get your wish and find an endcap at Wal-Mart soon. Peace.
    I'm sad to see it's come to this. The museum will be a worse off with you not involved as much. Even though we've had our differences, I still think you're a really cool guy. Peace, live long, and prosper.

Comment

• TheVintageToyKid
      Career Member
      • Jul 23, 2019

I agree with LonnieFisher. I love and appreciate everything palitoy has contributed to the Mego community – both on here and in other forms of media – and I would hate to see him not be as heavily involved. However, I also understand where he's coming from and wish him nothing but health and happiness. As a fellow Canadian, I also understand the difficulty in locating Mego figures close to home. Thank you for everything you have done and continue to do. You are the one who inspired me to renew, well into my adult years, the love affair I had with Megos as a child. Again, thank you!
      "I thought they didn't allow no bathin' suits in here."

Comment

• pmwasson
        Maker
        • Sep 12, 2007

Hey Brian, I really appreciate all that you do and I selfishly hope you come back, but you have to put your own well being first.
        sigpic LaserMego

Comment

• thunderbolt
          Hi Ernie!!!
          • Feb 15, 2004

ahh crud that sucks
          You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Liu Bei
            Banned
            • Mar 31, 2018

Did Palitoy ban himself?

Comment

• thunderbolt
              Hi Ernie!!!
              • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by Liu Bei
              Did Palitoy ban himself?
              Obviously. Hope all the haters and 3rd grade gossip mongers are happy with that.
              You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• sprytel
                Talkative Member
                • Jun 26, 2009

And this is why we don't have nice things. Hope it was worth it.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                  Hi Ernie!!!
                  • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by sprytel
                  And this is why we don't have nice things. Hope it was worth it.
                  the silence is deafening especially from the OP here.

Comment

• Goblin19
                    Talkative Member
                    • May 2, 2002

Well, this sucks.

Comment

• Blue Meanie
                      Banned
                      • Jun 23, 2001

Originally posted by thunderbolt
                      the silence is deafening especially from the OP here.
                      How is it deafening??!!?? I'm here and I'm not going anywhere. I asked that the thread be closed at the same time of Brian's first post. Even agreed with Brian later on in the post that it was a waste of energy. Nobody shut it down. I'm not and admin and can't close a thread.

I asked a simple question. It seems you can't question ANYTHING when it comes to the poor distribution of Mego figures. And God forbid you actually post something that was told directly to you by 2 Department Managers that outside vendors bringing in stock to Target. I'm not lying about that. It's a fact. That's all I got and it's basically all I am going to say anymore about anything that has to do with new Mego figures. When you can't even state facts in a post then it truly is a waste of energy / time. I got called out for somehow spreading misinformation and I responded with facts and asked if pictures were needed. Spreading misinformation is basically calling me a liar. Call me anything you want, but don't EVER call me a liar. I am straightforward with EVERYONE that I have ever interacted with either here, 20 years here on the museum, or at Mego Meet for the last 15 years.
                      Believe what you want to believe...but I have no reason to leave the Museum and won't anytime soon.

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                        Eloquent Member
                        • Jan 19, 2008

Originally posted by Blue Meanie
                        How is it deafening??!!?? I'm here and I'm not going anywhere. I asked that the thread be closed at the same time of Brian's first post. Even agreed with Brian later on in the post that it was a waste of energy. Nobody shut it down. I'm not and admin and can't close a thread.

I asked a simple question. It seems you can't question ANYTHING when it comes to the poor distribution of Mego figures. And God forbid you actually post something that was told directly to you by 2 Department Managers that outside vendors bringing in stock to Target. I'm not lying about that. It's a fact. That's all I got and it's basically all I am going to say anymore about anything that has to do with new Mego figures. When you can't even state facts in a post then it truly is a waste of energy / time. I got called out for somehow spreading misinformation and I responded with facts and asked if pictures were needed. Spreading misinformation is basically calling me a liar. Call me anything you want, but don't EVER call me a liar. I am straightforward with EVERYONE that I have ever interacted with either here, 20 years here on the museum, or at Mego Meet for the last 15 years.
                        Believe what you want to believe...but I have no reason to leave the Museum and won't anytime soon.
                        I didn't call you a liar, I said you were misinformed. You may have been lied to, and repeating that means you are spreading misinformation. Mego doesn't have vendors that stock stores. If they did, I would be doing it here in Oregon! Mego doesn't distribute figures to individual stores. Target decides where, and what quantity, the figures get distributed to. That's just how it is. No matter what store employees tell you...

Comment

• Goblin19
                          Talkative Member
                          • May 2, 2002

I hate getting in the middle of things, but it does sound most likely that the managers were blowing you off. It’s pretty common for people to deflect. The easiest way to get people to stop asking why there aren’t anything of this product or when will this product arrive is to just blame someone else, like somebody else stocks these so I don’t know. I’ve done it myself, as has probably anyone who has spent extended time working with the public. Sometimes, you just want to politely and quickly get rid of somebody. And the quickes and surrst way to do this is to blame a third party because it’s hard to follow that up if you’re the customer.

When I first read your post, the first thing that came to my mind was this, and that was before the drama that ensued. And, yes, 2 separate managers at 2 different stores would have the same answer because they are prepared for it because, trust me, they are asked the same questions all day every day incessantly
                          Last edited by Goblin19; Jan 7, '22, 11:44 PM.

Comment

• Blue Meanie
                            Banned
                            • Jun 23, 2001

Originally posted by Goblin19
                            I hate getting in the middle of things, but it does sound most likely that the managers were blowing you off. It’s pretty common for people to deflect. The easiest way to get people to stop asking why there aren’t anything of this product or when will this product arrive is to just blame someone else, like somebody else stocks these so I don’t know. I’ve done it myself, as has probably anyone who has spent extended time working with the public. Sometimes, you just want to politely and quickly get rid of somebody.

When I first read your post, the first thing that came to my mind was this, and that was before the drama that ensued.
                            Was a Music Department Manager for Circuit City and the old Wiz here in NY. Set up 4 stores for Circuit City. Some don't really understand how retail works these days. For at least the last 20 + years space in stores is bought and paid for by companies. They either have their own people stock those paid spaces or farm it out so to speak (Outside Vendors) That whole so called "Hot 100" that people saw at Circuit City...every spot bought and paid for by the record companies. Listening station CD's...bought and paid for by the record companies. Special sales...bought and paid for by the record companies. It's what they do. It's only been maybe the last 5 years or so that they don't have to do any of that as far as music is concerned. I was one of those Department Managers. Never once lied to a customer just to get rid of them. It's not a way to do business.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                              Hi Ernie!!!
                              • Feb 15, 2004

when someone with direct contact with Mego tells you its not true maybe believe it and drop it instead of starting threads everywhere possible about it? I saw it at least twice on Facebook from you as well. Just think of yourself as the straw that broke the camel's back.

Comment

• Spyweb007
                                Persistent Member
                                • Apr 18, 2006

Most likely the manager really doesn't know the difference between Mego and Neca and whatever else is there, and doesn't care. I can't imagine any of the toy aisles in the Targets I visit wold look the way they do if the employees or store cared at all. The managers at Toys R Us would flip out if the aisle looked that empty unless the store room was bare when I worked retail. "Can't sell empty space" the always said.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎