• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Blue Meanie
    Banned
    • Jun 23, 2001

Next time you go to Target...

...and they have NOTHING in any of the sections to look for Mego figures:

Went to Target today. The second one I've been to that the manager for the electronics department flat out told me that there is an outside vendor that stocks Mego figures for them. The 2 that I have been to here on Long Island that have stated this are Bay Shore and Central Islip locations. Will be checking Copaigue and Sayville / Bohemia locations in the coming weeks. I bring this up because Mego Corp and some of the people that work for them have flat out DENIED that there are outside vendors that are stocking peg hooks at Target. When you go to Target and look for Mego figures please ask if they 1) have Mego figures and 2) if they don't have Mego figures, ask them if they stock them or do they have an outside vendor that comes in and stocks them. Mego has stated that it is the store that is stocking the figures...but if they have an outside vendor coming in to take care of the peghooks they are LYING. I'm just sick and tired of being fed BULL**** by Mego and some of the people that work for them. Either you want them in stores or you don't. From what it looks like they don't care if they are in stores or aren't in stores.
  • LonnieFisher
    Eloquent Member
    • Jan 19, 2008

The Target stores around me in Oregon stock their own Mego sections. No outside vendor involved in any way. You may be getting misled by the Target employees, unless Target stores in your state operate differently.

Comment

• Blue Meanie
      Banned
      • Jun 23, 2001

Originally posted by LonnieFisher
      The Target stores around me in Oregon stock their own Mego sections. No outside vendor involved in any way. You may be getting misled by the Target employees, unless Target stores in your state operate differently.
      Did you yet again NOT READ the entire post Lonnie??!!?? It was the department manager that I talked to in BOTH stores and both of them told me the same EXACT thing. Please read the ENTIRE POST before answering. Is it too much to ask?

Comment

• LonnieFisher
        Eloquent Member
        • Jan 19, 2008

I READ THE ENTIRE THING! Department heads can spread misinformation, too. I've been told by department managers that they DON'T carry Mego and then found them in the store and taken them to show the manager and they have no clue what they are talking about.

Comment

• palitoy
          live. laugh. lisa needs braces
          • Jun 16, 2001

Mego doesn't have a DSD merchandise department. That comes straight from Them.

I have worked in that trade for 30 years, NO toy distributor I know of has such service. It's mainly for high turn impulse items, such as pop/chips/magazines/greeting cards and things that need refreshing. I do sell toys at work but nothing that would have placement in a planogram. It's very rare at any major retailer to get VMI. There is no way that Mego has Vendor Managed Inventory at Target. It's a unicorn.

This is misinformation.
          Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
          http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Blue Meanie
            Banned
            • Jun 23, 2001

Admins may want to shut down this thread. Seems like I can't ask any questions anymore about the "New" Mego figures without comments being turned off or the thread being locked or closed. So might as well close this one down to. It will save everyone some grief and time. Thanks to anyone that read this with an open mind and asked themselves the question about the poor distribution of the "New" Mego figures.

Comment

• Blue Meanie
              Banned
              • Jun 23, 2001

Originally posted by palitoy
              Mego doesn't have a DSD merchandise department. That comes straight from Them.

I have worked in that trade for 30 years, NO toy distributor I know of has such service. It's mainly for high turn impulse items, such as pop/chips/magazines/greeting cards and things that need refreshing. I do sell toys at work but nothing that would have placement in a planogram. It's very rare at any major retailer to get VMI. There is no way that Mego has Vendor Managed Inventory at Target. It's a unicorn.

This is misinformation.
              Would you like me to take pictures of where the figures should be at these Target stores I got the same answer from both stores? Let me know and I will. Not one peghook with Mego or a price where they should be. And these aren't small Target stores either. Let me know and I will take pics.

Comment

• palitoy
                • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by Blue Meanie
                Would you like me to take pictures of where the figures should be at these Target stores I got the same answer from both stores? Let me know and I will. Not one peghook with Mego or a price where they should be. And these aren't small Target stores either. Let me know and I will take pics.
                Take all the pictures you want, they prove nothing. You are off base and I'm sorry but I know more than you about this. I have 3 decades of experience in this field.

And quit playing the victim, you're a grown man but you're angry about dolls at retail. You marched in here on 11. This isn't worth the energy.

Comment

• ODBJBG
                  Permanent Member
                  • May 15, 2009

I have no dog in this fight, but NECA uses a vendor for Target. This is different than their Target Ambassador program (not to be confused with Mego "ambassadors") which is basically a program where fans can 'spot a problem" and report it to NECA, who then report it back to their local vendor reps to take care of.

Anywho, point is, it does happen at the toy level, particularly "collectibles".

Although most of the NECA vendors are historically, not very good at their jobs and I assume overworked as I've heard about instances where they just turn over the merch to Target reps to stock which is a no-no.

Comment

• Bronxboykev
                    Permanent Member
                    • Mar 7, 2011

Berto they either flat out lied to you because they didn’t want to bother with you or they themselves are mis informed… I have had Target Reps tell me exactly what they had in stock and what other stores may have them… I’ve even had the store manager place what they call an inventory request to have I don’t recall what it was maybe wave 2 or 3 but it was one of the first waves and they got it to the store for me… I wish all Targets carried them but they don’t I have 4 Targets around me 3 of the Targets have what I would consider no Collectibles section and the one closest to me the king of collectibles sections… it really is all up to that particular store wether or not they have them brought in from the distribution warehouses.

Comment

• TRDouble
                      Permanent Member
                      • Jul 10, 2012

Hasbro used to have reps come into my local Walmarts a LONG time ago. I would sometimes catch them early in the morning, wearing their Hasbro shirt, and I would ask them questions about Marvel Legends stocks. But now that I think more about it, I cannot recall if they stocked anything; it may have been more a product check type thing. Anyway, I don't think they do that anymore.

As for Target and Mego, I have watched Target employees in Western New York stock Mego figures on the pegs multiple times, sometimes not even making it to the pegs (instead, directly to my hands!). Funny that one of the most trafficked Targets in my area, right by the biggest mall in the area, does not appear to carry Megos, but most other Targets I hit between two major cities and in-between have a good inventory of figures on the pegs.

Comment

• Blue Meanie
                        Banned
                        • Jun 23, 2001

Originally posted by palitoy
                        Take all the pictures you want, they prove nothing. You are off base and I'm sorry but I know more than you about this. I have 3 decades of experience in this field.

And quit playing the victim, you're a grown man but you're angry about dolls at retail. You marched in here on 11. This isn't worth the energy.
                        You're right, this isn't worth the energy. Lock the thread or shut down the thread. I don't have the power to shut down a thread.

Comment

• TheNewGiJoeWithKungFuGrip
                          Veteran Member
                          • Jun 18, 2015

I'm sorry but Mego literally has no reason to lie about this. Also, two Targets hardly speak for the entire country.
                          The hands that grip.

Comment

• Blue Meanie
                            Banned
                            • Jun 23, 2001

Originally posted by TheNewGiJoeWithKungFuGrip
                            I'm sorry but Mego literally has no reason to lie about this. Also, two Targets hardly speak for the entire country.
                            I'm not speaking for the ENTIRE country. Never said I was.

Comment

• palitoy
                              • Jun 16, 2001

I think we'll keep the thread up, I'd hate to be accused of censoring "the plebes".

From now on, the Moderation of this forum falls on Steve and anyone he taps to help him out.

This is a long time coming but the "Mego Community" no longer brings me any joy. I've had so many people who smiled at my face stab me in the back when I told them to calm the hell down. I think I've taken my last insult from a so-called "friend". Somewhere I've become "the enemy" and that's both stupid and sad. I also seem to be held to a standard that my critics don't adhere to.

I'll still post some content and plug my work AKA "Shameless Self Promotion" but the writing is on the wall for me to go be happy.

I've only got a decade and a half left on this coil and I'd rather not waste it arguing about the luxury of finding toys at retail. I have stuff I want to finish.

I don't have a Target in my country, so 2018 sucked. Topps ripped Canadians off on shipping and only one store in my town stocks mego and I have to compete with every collector in a 50km radius. Even then they only get every other wave. So bellyache all you want but you have it pretty damned good from where I sit.

So tear each other apart, burn friendships, pretend name-calling rants and conspiracy theories are "simple questions". I don't care. I'm even sorry I wasted my time writing this.

Hope you get your wish and find an endcap at Wal-Mart soon. Peace.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎