X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MRP
    Persistent Member
    • Jul 19, 2016

Huge comic, rpg, video game, vinyl collection in estate sale in NC in March

Saw this link in an rpg group I am in. There's an insane amount of collectible stuff in this estate sale. If I had more time/resources, I would consider making a road trip to NC in March. There are hundreds of pics of cool stuff form Silver Age Superman back issues, Lionel trains, and D&D stuff, to vintage board games, video games, DVDs, vinyl, status, toys, and so much else.

https://www.estatesales.net/NC/Ralei...7w5VBgIpXswWIw

-M
    "Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato
  • Nostalgiabuff
    Muddling through
    • Oct 4, 2008

wow, that is an impressive collection. sadly that will probably be what happens to most of our collections someday

Comment

• Duncan
      Museum focus-groupie
      • Jun 27, 2009

I wonder how much of it will be gone before the sale, though you never know what the pricing will be like on estate sales & similar.

Comment

• ToyTalk
        Career Member
        • Mar 25, 2020

That is an incredible amount of really cool stuff. That is exactly what will happen to most all of our collections someday. That's alright, so long as they go to someone that enjoys them
        Looking for FTC figures from 5-10 years ago

Comment

• SainthoodDenied
          Veteran Member
          • Feb 26, 2008

Wow, I would like to see the full inventory.
          Chad

Comment

• YoungOnce
            Career Member
            • Aug 29, 2007

I've tied to educate my daughters a little about some of the stuff I have. I told them to PLEASE DON'T take take this stuff to our local comic book shop and let them price it for you. Bad as I hate to say it, I know those guys will not let them know what they have and will take advantage of them.

I tell them to get on e-bay and look at sold auctions to get the best idea of what stuff is going for. I know that some of the finer points will be lost on them. They won't know the difference in price for a circle-suit Spidey vs. a regular; A Mego bank with a stopper vs. one without, etc... or with the comic books, how widely value can swing depending on condition, but at least they won't sell that Zorro figure in a lot with Action Jackson maybe... and I mean maybe.

It would be nice if God would say "hey... you've only got about a year... you need to start unloading some of this stuff."

Comment

• Duncan
              Museum focus-groupie
              • Jun 27, 2009

Originally posted by YoungOnce
              It would be nice if God would say "hey... you've only got about a year... you need to start unloading some of this stuff."
              The more obscure stuff should probably be sold while we're still in good health. Like, I have some old TV dinner boxes and I've made it a point to tell the kids "Those aren't trash."

Comment

Working...
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎