X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • darkbros
    Persistent Member
    • Jul 3, 2012

Originally posted by Krypt0nite
    I like your idea of placing verbiage on the card indicating that more, for example, Hammer releases are available or are coming soon.
    this to me was one of the greatest bloopers they did. Not replicating the old Mego Card art which pointed you to other figures,
    Its hard to turn a casual look loo into a Mego fanatic, if they don't know what else is available,

Case in point: I pointed out to a guy in a Comic Shop a couple weeks back that had one Ultraman Tiga ( and no others) and a Mego Toxic Avenger ( and no other monsters) that there were indeed four released UltraBrothers and
    well over a dozen monsters. What did he do? He turned over the packaging back and forth looking for pics, and when he couldn't find anything, put it back on the shelf.

I pointed him to the website and Facebook page, he said " Too much work for me."

Fans have grown up on the " See what else we have available" esthetic...StartWars, Gi Joe, Transformers still do it to this day on those packages. Mattel with MOTU.
    Why not Mego? Hell even FTC did with their releases.....

Missed sales, missed opportunities.
    Customizing 1:9: My Videoblog journey of Customizing!
    https://www.facebook.com/customizingonenine
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    "I don't do it for the haters, I do it for the players." --snoop dogg

Comment

• scott metzger
      Persistent Member
      • Jul 9, 2007

Originally posted by thunderbolt
      Wow didn’t notice Captain Marvels crooked eyes till now. Too bad it’s otherwise a nice sculpt
      Pretty much perfect sculpt. It's basically the Don Newton "making Cap look more realistic" style DC went to in the late 70's-early 80's, my favorite look for the character. Like the aforementioned Caville head, it's brilliant (maybe my favorite plastic version of the character ever) except for the droop. Hopefully, the solid heads will make it easier to control/fix that. If we're lucky, the Big Red Cheese may just have been caught having some transition pains.

And it's not my intent to pcik nits with the figures here; Mego has taken such critiques from fans in the past and addressed them. They actually respond to constructive criticism and make changes accordingly. That's why I bring things up, as I believe there is a genuine chance Mego will act upon such information.

Comment

• Mejo
        Museum Patron
        • Jun 30, 2022

I know the Captain Marvel figure is supposed to have a shorter body, plus the face shlorping thing, but I think I'll end up getting him and Black Adam--because I'm just a sucker for the character!

I've seen pics of the figure and, yes, there's a bit of Don Newton in there and a bit of Alan Weiss, too, I think, but strangely enough I think the sculpt looks a lot like actor Jack Carson, who coincidentally enough was in the 1950 Good Humor Man film, which was all about a Captain Marvel fan club ... and also featured Superman's George Reeves in the roll of a bad guy!

Comment

• drogge
          Career Member
          • Jul 24, 2009

Originally posted by darkbros
          this to me was one of the greatest bloopers they did. Not replicating the old Mego Card art which pointed you to other figures,
          Its hard to turn a casual look loo into a Mego fanatic, if they don't know what else is available,

Case in point: I pointed out to a guy in a Comic Shop a couple weeks back that had one Ultraman Tiga ( and no others) and a Mego Toxic Avenger ( and no other monsters) that there were indeed four released UltraBrothers and
          well over a dozen monsters. What did he do? He turned over the packaging back and forth looking for pics, and when he couldn't find anything, put it back on the shelf.

I pointed him to the website and Facebook page, he said " Too much work for me."

Fans have grown up on the " See what else we have available" esthetic...StartWars, Gi Joe, Transformers still do it to this day on those packages. Mattel with MOTU.
          Why not Mego? Hell even FTC did with their releases.....

Missed sales, missed opportunities.
          This is so true. If I wasn't a completist and a member of Mego Ambassador I would have missed out on so much, not know it was available.

Comment

• PB
            • Jul 2, 2021

There is a lot of licensed property being put out but what about Mego originals? The headless horseman is now impossible to find and fetching over $75 on the auction site. I would hope to see them tracking secondary market prices and rereleasing identical or similar variations to pad out a wave.

Top thing on my list: a completely new Captain Picard head. The TNG cast are all almost perfect likenesses but this one looks like Uncle Leo after he blew himself up and Elaine drew his eyebrows back on with a marker.

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎