X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • palitoy
    live. laugh. lisa needs braces
    • Jun 16, 2001

Mego Hammer Frankenstein: Mint Off Card

Mint Off Card looks at the latest from Mego Corp this week with the Hammer Frankenstein action figure, now available.
    Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
    http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop
  • MIB41
    Eloquent Member
    • Sep 25, 2005

Great review Brian! This is one of the heads I've painted for Mego, and the first to see as a production piece, so I was thrilled when I saw the final results. Like you, I've been an enormous fan of this version since childhood and wanted to give him justice to the Mego-verse. I combed over pictures looking at every detail to try and capture (to your point) that unique color that brought this character to life. Trust me when I say that sculpt was a darling to behold and a privilege to paint. Mego really brought this baby home and I'm thrilled I got to play a small role in it. He'll be a display piece in my office for some time to come.

Comment

• Mego-Amigo
      Persistent Member
      • Jun 22, 2011

Thanks for the great video Brian. I always really enjoy these. This figure is perfection and a dream come true for me too. Great paint job MIB41. Hoping to see Mego go deeper into Hammer with Oliver Reed Werewolf, Ingrid Pitt Carmilla and Raquel Welch from One Million B.C.

Comment

• thunderbolt
        Hi Ernie!!!
        • Feb 15, 2004

I'm going to get one now that I've seen better pics of the head, there is a nice sculpt there that is lost due to a lack of paint apps or trying to stay Mego retro simple.
        You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Liu Bei
          Banned
          • Mar 31, 2018

Originally posted by MIB41
          Great review Brian! This is one of the heads I've painted for Mego, and the first to see as a production piece, so I was thrilled when I saw the final results. Like you, I've been an enormous fan of this version since childhood and wanted to give him justice to the Mego-verse. I combed over pictures looking at every detail to try and capture (to your point) that unique color that brought this character to life. Trust me when I say that sculpt was a darling to behold and a privilege to paint. Mego really brought this baby home and I'm thrilled I got to play a small role in it. He'll be a display piece in my office for some time to come.
          You did a great job, buddy. It really looks great.

Comment

• enyawd72
            Maker of Monsters!
            • Oct 1, 2009

Originally posted by MIB41
            I had no idea you painted heads! Congratulations!

I'm surprised they haven't asked me to paint one, since painting monsters is kinda my thing.

Comment

• TrekStar
              Trek or Treat
              • Jan 20, 2011

Very nice review and the head sculpt and paint look terrific. Mego is doing a great job with these Hammer characters, and your doing a great job with these reviews.

Comment

• JamesB.
                • Dec 15, 2013

A fantastic looking figure. It's an excellent likeness and looks just like Lee in Phil Leakey's makeup.

Comment

• TheVintageToyKid
                  Career Member
                  • Jul 23, 2019

Is Mego planning to make a Hammer Baron Frankenstein figure?
                  "I thought they didn't allow no bathin' suits in here."

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                    Verbose Member
                    • Mar 7, 2004

Great video, and great job on the paints Tom! I can't wait to get mine! I never thought I'd own an official Mego of this character. And I'm down for Kiwi Kingston too, and Cushing's Baron is a MUST have.

Heck, give me a Prowse Monster From Hell too!
                    sigpic

Comment

• TheVintageToyKid
                      Career Member
                      • Jul 23, 2019

I also really hope we get Baron Meinster from Brides of Dracula.

Comment

• TheVintageToyKid
                        Career Member
                        • Jul 23, 2019

And, work out whatever legal mumbo jumbo there may be and please get us the Hammer Gorgon figure!

Comment

Working...
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎