Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • battmasterson
    Career Member
    • Dec 22, 2010

Glad that I could help finding new collecting material. I still have my Denver Broncos figure in a box. I may have to drag it out and display it again.

Comment

• battmasterson
      Career Member
      • Dec 22, 2010

Originally posted by 74SpaceAce
      Thank you, Battmasterson! You've revealed a new grail for me. NFL Action Team Mates were buried memory treasure, and I'm now drooling over them. Here is a fun article: https://weekinnerd.com/2021/09/13/th...on-team-mates/
      Glad that I could help finding new collecting material. I still have my Denver Broncos figure in a box. I may have to drag it out and display it again.

Comment

• battmasterson
        Career Member
        • Dec 22, 2010

Originally posted by monitor_ep
        The took made generic figures repainted them and made money. I remember seeing them in the wild and it could have been JC Pennys (had both in town but Sears was small). I thought I remember seeing them at K-Mart but I could be off.

It was a shame that these did not get released through Topps. The heads alone would have come in handy.
        I remember looking at them in Christmas catalogs, but I do remember JC Penney having them. I didn't realize that there are a group of collectors for these figures out there.

Comment

• battmasterson
          Career Member
          • Dec 22, 2010

Originally posted by 74SpaceAce
          Thank you, Battmasterson! You've revealed a new grail for me. NFL Action Team Mates were buried memory treasure, and I'm now drooling over them. Here is a fun article: https://weekinnerd.com/2021/09/13/th...on-team-mates/
          By the way... thanks for the link to the article.

Comment

• MysteryWho
            Persistent Member
            • Dec 16, 2008

Great figure and idea! Best game I saw on Sunday also, the Bills are really coming together.
            I would really dig a Mego sports series, and Topps should have been all over that. Oh well.
            I don't have much of a chance getting a Mego Montana, but the 49ers might still sneak into the playoffs.

Comment

• TRDouble
              Permanent Member
              • Jul 10, 2012

That is wonderful! Especially for this Buffalo Bills fan.

Sports Megos would be cool, but as a one time collector of McFarlane Sports Picks and a more recent collector of Hockey Cards (as an adult), it's a dicey thing to get into, with how quickly some players switch teams and things become out dated before you know it (I have some great Buffalo Sabres Jack Eichel collectibles available!).

While I would love to have a Josh Allen Mego, it's probably safer making retired legends like Joe Namath, along with a few active ones, like Tom Brady and Aaron Rodgers.

This Josh Allen is awesome though!

Comment

• rykerw1701
                Persistent Member
                • Aug 27, 2007

Very nicely done! I'm a huge Bills fan as well, so this is particularly cool. And good point about Topps and sports figures, but I think the licence would be crazy expensive. Remember the Joe Namath figure wasn't a Jets Joe Namath figure. And I uncovered a box of Starting Lineups in my basement over the holiday. Talk about a box full of stuff worth nothing. It goes in a place of honor next to my Playmates Trek and Playmates Simpsons.

Comment

• Blue Meanie
                  Banned
                  • Jun 23, 2001

After yesterday's game you should go into production Great custom and congrats to all the Bills fans for getting to the next round of the playoffs.

Comment

• TrekStar
                    Trek or Treat
                    • Jan 20, 2011

Obviously around here we’re not happy getting stampeded by Buffalo, but honestly it was somewhat expected, this isn’t the Brady led team we all got spoiled with in the past and expected to always win.

I was happy to see the 49ers beat Dallas, and the Chiefs should beat the Steelers tonight.

I think next week will see Bills vs Chiefs, which should be very entertaining.

Comment

• rykerw1701
                      Persistent Member
                      • Aug 27, 2007

Originally posted by TrekStar
                      What was so great about it?

Allen is a good QB, hopefully he stays healthy and he will do well, just not against the Patriots.

Love how this came out and yes, Topps /Mego should do choice NFL and MLB players.
                      It was a sweet victory and offset about 10% of 20 years of frustration. So I guess that's two seasons. Except that Belichick was the Giants defensive coordinator when they shut down a great Bills team in the 1991 Super Bowl, and that one still stings.

Anyway, I'd love NFL Megos but it would be a crazy license fee.

Comment

Working...
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎