X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rayray
    • May 21, 2013

de-matting 12" mego doll hair

Hi all,
    Can anyone point me to a post or video that describes how to de-tangle/repair matted hair on the 12" Mego fashion dolls (Wonder Woman, Cher, etc.)? Just bought a bunch that need fixing and wondering of this is something I could do myself or if it requires re-rooting (a job which I will definitely send to a more dextrous person.)

I see many advice sources but am not sure if they apply to the particular material used for the 1970s Mego dolls.

Thanks in advance...
  • LonnieFisher
    Eloquent Member
    • Jan 19, 2008

Maybe warm water and lots of conditioner.

Comment

• RonnyG
      Career Member
      • Apr 23, 2014

I had this problem a few years ago when I purchased a Mego Cher and Wonder Woman doll. Their hair was extremely matted, so I searched youtube. There are a ton of videos on how to detangle doll hair, but I can't recall the specific video I watched back then.

I do know that Liquid Fabric Softener worked wonders for me! The kind you add to your rinse cycle when you wash clothes. Soak the matted head of hair in a bowl of fabric softener overnight. Don't rinse it out. Leave it in while you use your fingers to "finger comb" and detangle the hair. It really loosens the knots. It's a slow process, but your patience will be rewarded.

Here's some videos I watched that offer some good tips and suggestions.

Attached Files

Comment

• RonnyG
        Career Member
        • Apr 23, 2014

Comment

• rayray
          • May 21, 2013

Operation: Unmatting

Originally posted by RonnyG
          I had this problem a few years ago when I purchased a Mego Cher and Wonder Woman doll. Their hair was extremely matted, so I searched youtube. There are a ton of videos on how to detangle doll hair, but I can't recall the specific video I watched back then.

I do know that Liquid Fabric Softener worked wonders for me! The kind you add to your rinse cycle when you wash clothes. Soak the matted head of hair in a bowl of fabric softener overnight. Don't rinse it out. Leave it in while you use your fingers to "finger comb" and detangle the hair. It really loosens the knots. It's a slow process, but your patience will be rewarded.

Here's some videos I watched that offer some good tips and suggestions.

Thank you!

Comment

Working...
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎