Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • powersthatbe
    Persistent Member
    • Sep 27, 2010

Oh man, i met Chase Masterson, well it would be about 30 years now, at the Pittsburgh comic con, she was amazing, still swooning to this day

Comment

• rykerw1701
      Persistent Member
      • Aug 27, 2007

Originally posted by powersthatbe
      Oh man, i met Chase Masterson, well it would be about 30 years now, at the Pittsburgh comic con, she was amazing, still swooning to this day

It's amazing how some people can so impress us at one of those things, and others come across terribly. And it depends on the day. I thought Erin Grey was wonderful to speak to. She was chatty and fun and made it a joy to have a 5 minute conversation. I got an even bigger crush on her afterwards. But a buddy of mine at a different event said she was short and rude and wanted to be anywhere else.

And to bring this back to Star Trek, though not DS9, Marina Sirtis, queen of the convention circuit, is always fun, though I read somewhere that she got into it was a fan at one point. The guy probably deserved it.

Comment

• Sideshow Spock
        valar morghulis
        • Mar 8, 2005

Originally posted by powersthatbe
        I'd say around that time she did a solo signing at a mall that's about 20 minutes away from me. I'm not a convention or autograph guy, but I had her Playmates action figure on card and I couldn't resist

Comment

• Random Axe
          The Voice of Reason
          • Apr 16, 2008

Remains my favorite Star Trek show and possibly my favorite all-time. I really liked the dichotomy from regular Trek where everyone was boldly going to explore strange worlds. On DS9, all the boldness and strangeness came to them. So much crazy crap went through that station! I also particularly liked the political intrigue and espionage tangents thrown in. I was of the belief the show didn't need Worf to bolster ratings but once he was in the cast he fit in perfectly. This show also touched on Klingon traditions and beliefs far more than the other shows, which is kinda surprising.
          I almost had a psychic girlfriend but she dumped me before we met.

If anyone here believes in psychokinesis, please raise my hand.

Comment

• Jorge Galvan
            Career Member
            • Jun 8, 2015

A return to Glory!! I know a bit late talking about this, but still the BEST! the VERY BEST!!!

While Deep Space Nine has been an influence on Star Trek: Lower Decks all season long, this episode truly brings DS9 back to life.

Comment

• Liu Bei
              Banned
              • Mar 31, 2018

Originally posted by Random Axe
              Remains my favorite Star Trek show and possibly my favorite all-time. I really liked the dichotomy from regular Trek where everyone was boldly going to explore strange worlds. On DS9, all the boldness and strangeness came to them. So much crazy crap went through that station! I also particularly liked the political intrigue and espionage tangents thrown in. I was of the belief the show didn't need Worf to bolster ratings but once he was in the cast he fit in perfectly. This show also touched on Klingon traditions and beliefs far more than the other shows, which is kinda surprising.
              I haven’t been happy with any of the Worf episodes so far. (Just finished season 4). The best scene Worf was involved in was him getting dressed down by Sisko after trying to kill his brother, when Sisko said there was a limit to how far he would go to accommodate cultural diversity, and Worf had just reached it. Sisko said he didn’t give a darn about Klingon beliefs, rituals, or customs, and reminded Worf that he was on a Federation base and was wearing a Federation uniform.

Just a really great scene in an otherwise terrible episode. Picard could have never given that speech. Just a great Sisko moment for Star Trek’s most underrated captain.

Comment

• Jorge Galvan
                Career Member
                • Jun 8, 2015

Originally posted by Liu Bei
                I haven’t been happy with any of the Worf episodes so far. (Just finished season 4). The best scene Worf was involved in was him getting dressed down by Sisko after trying to kill his brother, when Sisko said there was a limit to how far he would go to accommodate cultural diversity, and Worf had just reached it. Sisko said he didn’t give a darn about Klingon beliefs, rituals, or customs, and reminded Worf that he was on a Federation base and was wearing a Federation uniform.

Just a really great scene in an otherwise terrible episode. Picard could have never given that speech. Just a great Sisko moment for Star Trek’s most underrated captain.
                Wait till you get to series Five, when Worf and General Martok meet and Bond. Then you will see more out of Worf and don't forget... Jadzia.

Comment

• Mikey
                  Verbose Member
                  • Aug 9, 2001

Originally posted by Jorge Galvan
                  Wait till you get to series Five, when Worf and General Martok meet and Bond. Then you will see more out of Worf and don't forget... Jadzia.
                  Always loved Jadzia but also have a warm spot in my heart for Ezri …

She was just so dang cute --- producers of the show really hit the bullseye with her casting

Comment

• publiusr
                    Museum Super Collector
                    • Aug 23, 2015

The simple tailor was my favorite.

Comment

Working...
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡