X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DavidCoppola
    Veteran Member
    • Nov 3, 2009

14" Shazam

I don't buy many of the new Megos, but the 14" Shazam interested me.
    I got one the other day and he looks pretty good....but two things...
    Is it me or does the lightening bolt on his chest seem crooked? Not just mine, but all of them.
    Also...the 14" heads seem like they could use more shading and/or paint touches....the coloring seems really pretty plain.
  • PNGwynne
    Master of Fowl Play
    • Jun 5, 2008

I like mine except the eyebrow shaping.
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Mejo
      Museum Patron
      • Jun 30, 2022

I saw this on Amazon for around $25 dollars and snatched it up right away. I really like it! The head sculpt is very well done and Captain Marvel is probably my favorite super-hero. I didn't like the look of the 8" version but I'd like the character in that size one day so I hope they do another version, and the rest of the Marvel Family too!

The only problem with the figure is a hidden one ... I removed the costume to X-acto knife down a couple of sharp areas that were snagging on the costume at the shoulders and noticed that the red dye on the costume had stained the figure's body in several places and I couldn't erase it or wipe it off. Also, the figure seems really "leggy" but that's because the boots don't go all the way on--the tops are too narrow for the calves. But those are minor quibbles. It's a great figure overall and a must-buy considering he's a favorite of mine!

Comment

• TRDouble
        Permanent Member
        • Jul 10, 2012

My only issue is also that the boots do not go fully up the leg, making him stand taller than the 14” Superman. Oh, and I cannot get the belt to not cover up the tip of the chest logo. Otherwise, the logo and everything is fine for me and I think it’s a great figure. The heads could use some shading for definition, but you could end up with too much, like the original 14” Superman’s lips.

Comment

• Mejo
          Museum Patron
          • Jun 30, 2022

I'd like to see an Isis figure in this scale, that would be pretty cool. They were like the first live-action team-up of heroes I remember seeing as a kid.

But I've been wondering, and it's probably been answered somewhere in a long ago thread, but why did Mego decide to do a larger scale in a 14" size? Wasn't the classic larger line 12" tall? I mean, they kept the 8" line the same, resisting the trend toward 9" Mego-esque figures from not that long ago. Was there ever a reason given for the change?

Comment

• supes
            For the love of Mego's!
            • Jan 19, 2004

The licensing for 12" scale was not available, that's why they did the 14"

For the love of Mego's

Comment

• Mejo
              Museum Patron
              • Jun 30, 2022

Ah. Thanks for letting me know

Comment

Working...
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎