X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jrfjr126rock
    Veteran Member
    • Feb 23, 2008

Best way to create Elektra's cap

How have you guys created Elektra's cap/bandana hat?
  • Nostalgiabuff
    Muddling through
    • Oct 4, 2008

just a thought, as i have never tried, but what about red plastidip? you could insert red fabric as the tails. now i'm curious as to whether that might actually work

Comment

• Jrfjr126rock
      Veteran Member
      • Feb 23, 2008

Originally posted by Nostalgiabuff
      just a thought, as i have never tried, but what about red plastidip? you could insert red fabric as the tails. now i'm curious as to whether that might actually work
      Interesting... I could use the same method they use for doll wigs where they put fabric and then cover the fabric with glue that hardens. Then I could paint that part.

Comment

• TheVintageToyKid
        Career Member
        • Jul 23, 2019

You could do something similar to what I did for my custom Iron Fist. In this particular case I used a yellow scarf belt from CTVT and wrapped it around the figure's head like a mask/bandana and tying it in the back so it had the "tails". I then used Mod Podge all over the figure's head, which allowed the cloth covering the head to not only harden but to somewhat form to the head itself. In the case of Elektra you wouldn't need to have "eyes" on a mask, but for Iron Fist I used paint and fabric markers to create this effect.
        "I thought they didn't allow no bathin' suits in here."

Comment

• scott metzger
          Persistent Member
          • Jul 9, 2007

One thing to watch out for is that something like a material cap (or even a plastic one) may tend to pop up because of the rooted hair (why Thor and Glinda have the helmet/crown peg and the hole in their head), depending on the fit. A short red pin or something similar might help hold it and give you a point to attach the tails.

Comment

• Jrfjr126rock
            Veteran Member
            • Feb 23, 2008

Originally posted by scott metzger
            One thing to watch out for is that something like a material cap (or even a plastic one) may tend to pop up because of the rooted hair (why Thor and Glinda have the helmet/crown peg and the hole in their head), depending on the fit. A short red pin or something similar might help hold it and give you a point to attach the tails.
            Thank you for this tip!

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎