X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TheXFactor
    Museum Patron
    • Oct 31, 2013

POTA Series 2 packaging

Just to make sure, it was only the Series 2 Planet of the Apes figures- as well as the Astronaut figure from Series 1- that were released in Window Boxes? I'm also presuming that the reason both Alan Virdon and Peter Burke were released in a box that just said "Astronaut" was simply a way for Mego to save money (in other words, two less boxes that had to be designed and produced), but if anyone has more info about that choice please let me know.

Come to think of it, was there a reason (excess stock, maybe?) for the sort-of rerelease of the Astronaut character? Although now that I think about it, a kid in a store seeing six boxed Mego POTA figures lined up on a shelf- three ape and three human- would likely ask for ALL of them.
  • Confessional
    Maker & Whatnot
    • Aug 8, 2012

My recollection is that was the conventional thought until Zira and Cornelius emerged (German Ebay). So, at least 8 of the 10 figures were sold in window boxes, and likely Zauis and Soldier Apes were too given their prevalance… just don't have photographic evidence to prove it (yet), but someone else might.

Comment

Working...
    😀
    🥰
    🤢
    😎
    😡
    👍
    👎