Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mego Justice League Superman (Mint off Card Reviews)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • palitoy
    live. laugh. lisa needs braces
    • Jun 16, 2001

Mego Justice League Superman (Mint off Card Reviews)

Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
    http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop
  • KnightDetective
    Veteran Member
    • Aug 31, 2012

They even cut the notch in the boot top! Mine will be getting red trunks, though. I don't care what the "cool" kids say.

By the way, I don't know if you'll even see this, but I've been meaning to say thank you for everything you do! Between the Museum, PlaidStallions, Youtube and everything else, you provide an inordinate amount of my entertainment! No drama, somehow always mellow. You are appreciated, brother!

Comment

• palitoy
      live. laugh. lisa needs braces
      • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by KnightDetective
      They even cut the notch in the boot top! Mine will be getting red trunks, though. I don't care what the "cool" kids say.
      You know, I have a pair of red trunks kicking around, I'm doing it.

By the way, I don't know if you'll even see this, but I've been meaning to say thank you for everything you do! Between the Museum, PlaidStallions, Youtube and everything else, you provide an inordinate amount of my entertainment! No drama, somehow always mellow. You are appreciated, brother!

Thank you so much for saying that, I'm not always mellow but I want my videos to be because this should just be fun. Drama is a waste of time.
      Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
      http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• rayray
        • May 21, 2013

Hear, hear! Reading your books/magazine, watching your videos and reading your posts helps me connect to what is lovely about this hobby! Thank you.

Comment

• Mego-Amigo
          Persistent Member
          • Jun 22, 2011

Brian you are much appreciated.

Comment

• libby 1957dog
            Persistent Member
            • Sep 3, 2009

yeah i agree with you both on the trunks and it seems henry gets it as well ,here he deals with incredible grace and dignity with one of the arsewipe cool kid wannabes who trot out the same old tired granny pants and underpant shtick for cheap laughs
            , and says hes open to a new suit with the trunk next go round

Comment

• PNGwynne
              Master of Fowl Play
              • Jun 5, 2008

I generally like Colbert but you notice he didn't flash a pic of Christopher Reeve; George is a bit of low-hanging fruit for late-night chat.

Superman Returns proved that "modernized" trunks can be handled poorly, but I think Supes should have them.

If this irked you, imagine how I feel about Aquaman being mocked by chat-hosts and hipsters for the last 30 years... I can empathize.

And as always, I really enjoy and appreciate these reviews, Palitoy. I like the head sculpt.
              Last edited by PNGwynne; Dec 18, '21, 7:37 PM.
              WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• libby 1957dog
                Persistent Member
                • Sep 3, 2009

yeah i feel your pain scott lol

the brandon routh kingdom come suit handled the trunks conundrum pretty well in fact the suit apart from maybe the boots was excellent on a tv budget

Comment

• Werewolf
                  Inhuman
                  • Jul 14, 2003

Superhero truths

Aquaman was always cool
                  Superman looks better with red trunks
                  Batman is better with oval insignia and blue trunks
                  You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• PNGwynne
                    Master of Fowl Play
                    • Jun 5, 2008

Routh looks perfect above, dang.
                    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Werewolf
                      Inhuman
                      • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by PNGwynne
                      Routh looks perfect above, dang.
                      He was a great Superman in a terrible movie.
                      You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• TheVintageToyKid
                        Career Member
                        • Jul 23, 2019

Brandon Routh's performance as Superman in the CW Crisis crossover a couple years ago was one of the best ever for as limited as his screen time was.

Also, I agree with everything people are saying on here about Brian. He is one of my favourite YouTubers and I truly appreciate his Mego videos for reigniting my love for Megos and creating the modern collector I have become today. He is one of the best. Thank you, Brian.
                        "I thought they didn't allow no bathin' suits in here."

Comment

• zonedweeby
                          • Mar 2, 2019

Originally posted by palitoy
                          Thank you so much for saying that, I'm not always mellow but I want my videos to be because this should just be fun.
                          you're doing the lord's work keeping a positive attitude in this hobby! i don't know why so many of us, myself included, are inclined get so grouchy about toys. (p.s. you asked in a recent 5 Awesome Things on eBay if anybody reads them, and i do!)

Comment

Working...
                          😀
                          🥰
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😡
                          👍
                          👎