X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • powersthatbe
    Persistent Member
    • Sep 27, 2010

Zorro Disney Plus Series

https://whatsondisneyplus.com/disney...-zorro-series/ I'm happy to hear this is coming
  • monitor_ep
    Talkative Member
    • May 11, 2013

President of Disney Branded Television Ayo Davis stated, "We're reimagining this Disney classic as a compelling period piece, set in Pueblo de Los Angeles, but told in a very modern telenovela style — with richly drawn contemporary characters and relationships set against the action, drama, suspense and humor of the original, iconic Zorro." She continued, "Wilmer shares our commitment to reflect the interesting and rich diversity of the human experience and we look forward to delivering a culturally relevant and entertaining story with definitional characters that will connect with our viewers for generations to come."

Sounds like they are keeping this in the old west, where it belongs!!
    Last edited by monitor_ep; Dec 14, '21, 7:55 PM.
    Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
      Verbose Member
      • Mar 7, 2004

As a HUGE fan of the classic Disney/Guy Williams series, I'm willing to give this a shot. Wilmer has the look, but I know it will take me a while to get past Fez. "I'm Zorro, you son of a beetch!"

Chris
      sigpic

Comment

• Hector
        el Hombre de Acero
        • May 19, 2003

My favorite Zorro is Antonio Banderas, more so than than Guy Williams. Wilmer Valderrama is no Antonio Banderas, but I’ll give it a shot.
        sigpic

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
          Muddling through
          • Oct 4, 2008

i heard about this yesterday. sounds promising at least. i will give it a shot

Comment

• rykerw1701
            Persistent Member
            • Aug 27, 2007

I'll watch too and see where it goes. Great property of course, and it could be a fun show. And I also think of Antonio Bandares first, like Christopher Reeve comes to mind first with Superman.

Comment

• TheNewGiJoeWithKungFuGrip
              Veteran Member
              • Jun 18, 2015

Okay, cool, now put the old one on Disney+ too.
              The hands that grip.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                Verbose Member
                • Mar 7, 2004

Okay, cool, now put the old one on Disney+ too.
                YES! I've got the DVD sets, but I'd love to see the series and the four hour long Disneyland/Wonderful World of Disney mini-movies on Disney +.

Guy Williams is my favorite Zorro, but I love the Banderas movies too. Especially the first one. Even Anthony Hopkins was good as an aging Diego, white-washing aside.

Chris
                sigpic

Comment

• TrekStar
                  Trek or Treat
                  • Jan 20, 2011

I really enjoyed the Guy Williams Disney Zorro series, I have seasons 1-2 on dvd but season 3 has never been released, not sure if it ever will be?

I also enjoyed the Banderas movies especially Catherine Zeta Jones for obvious reasons and the 1940 classic with Tyrone Power was great too.

I will definitely give this new Disney version a look, got nothing to lose.

Comment

Working...
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎