Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CW Developing Gotham Knights (not that version)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • monitor_ep
    Talkative Member
    • May 11, 2013

CW Developing Gotham Knights (not that version)

Gotham Knights.jpg

The project hails from writers Natalie Abrams, James Stoteraux, and Chad Fiveash. Stoteraux and Fiveash are executive producers on the show, with Abrams co-executive producing. Greg Berlanti, Sarah Schechter, and David Madden of Berlanti Productions will also executive produce. Warner Bros. Television is the studio.

In the show, in the wake of Bruce Wayne’s murder, his rebellious adopted son forges an unlikely alliance with the children of Batman’s enemies when they are all framed for killing the Caped Crusader. And as the city’s most wanted criminals, this renegade band of misfits must fight to clear their names. But in a Gotham with no Dark Knight to protect it, the city descends into the most dangerous it’s ever been. However, hope comes from the most unexpected of places as this team of mismatched fugitives will become its next generation of saviors known as the Gotham Knights.

Justice League Arkham.jpg
    Now this to me sounds more like Red Hood's Justice League Arkham. I can say this here, I HATE when they go this route instead of actual comic book characters. If this gets aired I will watching it, but I not going to be a bid supporter of it.
    Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log
  • Nostalgiabuff
    Muddling through
    • Oct 4, 2008

sounds like a typical CW teenager angsty show. i have given up on all their shows

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
      Verbose Member
      • Mar 7, 2004

Sounds like another "Batman show with no Batman", but worse than the previous efforts. Pass.

Chris
      sigpic

Comment

• powersthatbe
        Persistent Member
        • Sep 27, 2010

I am done with the dc cw shows

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
          Verbose Member
          • Mar 7, 2004

WB finally got off the pot and gave us a Superman show, and it's really good. Better than any CW show has a right to be at this point, honestly. I know we have three live-action Batmen in play right now, four if you count the guy playing Bruce Wayne on Titans. But there hasn't been a live-action Batman TV series since 1968. I would rather they shelve further movies and give us a great TV series on HBO Max...NOT the CW.

Chris
          sigpic

Comment

• powersthatbe
            Persistent Member
            • Sep 27, 2010

I will admit both Stargurl and Superm and Lois are well done but I have spoiled by the Disney plus shows.

Comment

• TRDouble
              Permanent Member
              • Jul 10, 2012

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
              Sounds like another "Batman show with no Batman", but worse than the previous efforts. Pass.

Chris
              This...

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
              WB finally got off the pot and gave us a Superman show, and it's really good. Better than any CW show has a right to be at this point, honestly. I know we have three live-action Batmen in play right now, four if you count the guy playing Bruce Wayne on Titans. But there hasn't been a live-action Batman TV series since 1968. I would rather they shelve further movies and give us a great TV series on HBO Max...NOT the CW.

Chris
              ...and this.

I may be getting some super-hero fatigue, quite honestly, as I am way behind on Titans this season, will probably watch The Flash Armageddon without finishing Season 7, am way behind on Superman & Lois, have yet to watch any of Doom Patrol, have not had enough in the tank to watch Shang Chi yet (I know it's a movie, but it's on Disney+ now, so I will include it), but did enjoy and finish Stargirl Season 2 and I am enjoying Hawkeye. I never finished Batgirl Season One, never had a chance to get back into Black Lightning Season Two, still need to finish the last seasons of Green Arrow, and gave up on DC Legends and Supergirl. The Disney+ shows have all been great and enjoyable so far though.

That said, if they made a Batman TV show with Batman IN IT AS THE MAIN CHARACTER, preferably on HBO Max (although the move of Stargirl to the CW did not hurt the show, as I feared it would), I am there.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                Hi Ernie!!!
                • Feb 15, 2004

I know it will never be tried and it would probably not capture the original lightning in a bottle but I’d really love to see a new take on the 66 show. Villain of the week gimmick,cliffhanger endings and all that good stuff
                You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• TrekStar
                  Trek or Treat
                  • Jan 20, 2011

I would love to see that too, and more fun thinking which actor/actresses today could play the roles of the heroes and arch villains.

Jason Alexander as the Penguin.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                    Hi Ernie!!!
                    • Feb 15, 2004

Kevin on the office that would be perfect for king tut. Patton Oswalt would be a good penguin too

Originally posted by TrekStar
                    I would love to see that too, and more fun thinking which actor/actresses today could play the roles of the heroes and arch villains.

Jason Alexander as the Penguin.
                    Last edited by thunderbolt; Dec 21, '21, 6:55 AM.
                    You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• sprytel
                      Talkative Member
                      • Jun 26, 2009

Originally posted by thunderbolt
                      Kevin on the office that would be perfect for king tut. Patton Oswalt would be a good penguin too
                      Patton has played the role before:

Comment

• thunderbolt
                        Hi Ernie!!!
                        • Feb 15, 2004

Ohh I know. 😀
                        Originally posted by sprytel
                        Patton has played the role before:

Comment

• monitor_ep
                          Talkative Member
                          • May 11, 2013

You do not get it, as far as I can read this show will hardly any popular Batman rogues just there kids. This has NOTHING to do with the game.
                          Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• sprytel
                            Talkative Member
                            • Jun 26, 2009

Originally posted by monitor_ep
                            You do not get it, as far as I can read this show will hardly any popular Batman rogues just there kids. This has NOTHING to do with the game.
                            Disney's Descendants, essentially. Which *did* include the parents... even if they were not the focus of the story. I am sure they will have some of that same "but my dad want me to take over the family Evil Mastermind business" drama.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                              Hi Ernie!!!
                              • Feb 15, 2004

There’s a game?
                              Originally posted by monitor_ep

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎