X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • drquest
    ~~/\~~\o/~~/\~~Shark!
    • Apr 17, 2012

Alien item I just picked up

So I really like the 1979 Alien movie a lot and have been wanting to pick up the Hot Toys Dallas figure from 2008. It was always just a little too pricey but I was able to grab one recently.

Super cool figure and who doesn't want a Tom Skerritt figure right?

Does have some light up parts, the backpack and the helmet has led light in them. Lots of detail! Here's a few pictures.

Danny(Drquest)
    Captain Action HQ
    Retro shirts and stuff
    More retro shirts
    Stuff For Sale
  • Hector
    el Hombre de Acero
    • May 19, 2003

It’s awesome, and I have it. I also have Kane…and all the Colonial Marines. The two official Ripleys, and some Hot Toys Alien-themed customs. Good likeness to Tom Skerritt. Kane, not so much. John Hurt refused to release his likeness. The other Marines, and the first Ripley release, their faces are off (although Vasquez and Drake not bad), that’s because these were one of the earliest Hot Toys figures released (2004-2005). That’s why I got custom heads for the Colonial Marines. Hicks, Hudson, and Apone, are much improved.

Dallas is a gorgeous figure. Girth is what comes to mind. Has some weight to it.

Yes, they are pricey.

So glad you got one, so I’m not alone here…

sigpic

Comment

• Hector
      el Hombre de Acero
      • May 19, 2003

Oh, and sorry for the very late reply. I just saw this thread.

sigpic

Comment

• drquest
        ~~/\~~\o/~~/\~~Shark!
        • Apr 17, 2012

Originally posted by Hector
        It’s awesome, and I have it. I also have Kane…and all the Colonial Marines. The two official Ripleys, and some Hot Toys Alien-themed customs. Good likeness to Tom Skerritt. Kane, not so much. John Hurt refused to release his likeness. The other Marines, and the first Ripley release, their faces are off (although Vasquez and Drake not bad), that’s because these were one of the earliest Hot Toys figures released (2004-2005). That’s why I got custom heads for the Colonial Marines. Hicks, Hudson, and Apone, are much improved.

Dallas is a gorgeous figure. Girth is what comes to mind. Has some weight to it.

Yes, they are pricey.

So glad you got one, so I’m not alone here…

Very jealous of your collection for sure! You should post up some pictures of those Hot Toys sets you have!

I'm very happy with Dallas, and agree that Kane just looks off. Still on the fence about trying for that one. I have this one on the shelf with some vintage Kenner Aliens and Dallas looks scared as they mostly come and night, mostly.
        Danny(Drquest)
        Captain Action HQ
        Retro shirts and stuff
        More retro shirts
        Stuff For Sale

Comment

• Hector
          el Hombre de Acero
          • May 19, 2003

Originally posted by drquest
          Very jealous of your collection for sure! You should post up some pictures of those Hot Toys sets you have!

I'm very happy with Dallas, and agree that Kane just looks off. Still on the fence about trying for that one. I have this one on the shelf with some vintage Kenner Aliens and Dallas looks scared as they mostly come and night, mostly.
          If you get Kane, pose him with his Facehugger-shattered broken visor helmet. He looks really cool like that. Nice to have the pair, as Dallas and Kane suits are slightly different in colors.

I also bought a loose incomplete Kane figure. Customizing it to resemble the white one Ripley uses in the Narcissus to fight off Big Chap. Work in progress.

I phased out of Megos…then Superman. Now my collection is strictly Alien, Predator, and Terminator. It’s a mixture of statues of various scales, action-figures, props, busts, 3D prints, a few vintage items, posters, etc. It’s been about six to eight years in the making.

I’m gonna post my collection sometime in January or February. Still have a couple of stuff coming, so I want to get those first. I’ll let you know on this post. I’ll save it. Will post collection in the Toy Room forum…

sigpic

Comment

• Hector
            el Hombre de Acero
            • May 19, 2003

Here’s your chance to grab up Kane for a good price…

Broken knee is not a problem, easily replaceable…
            sigpic

Comment

• drquest
              ~~/\~~\o/~~/\~~Shark!
              • Apr 17, 2012

Originally posted by Hector
              Here’s your chance to grab up Kane for a good price…

Broken knee is not a problem, easily replaceable…
              I saw that one and it's on my watch list
              Danny(Drquest)
              Captain Action HQ
              Retro shirts and stuff
              More retro shirts
              Stuff For Sale

Comment

• Hector
                el Hombre de Acero
                • May 19, 2003

Cool! ^^^^
                sigpic