Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Toys R us to open new flagship store this month.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Werewolf
    Inhuman
    • Jul 14, 2003

Toys R us to open new flagship store this month.

Good news? At least it sounds more promising than just renaming Macy's toy departments.

You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...
  • ODBJBG
    Permanent Member
    • May 15, 2009

Sounds like another pretend TRU like the handful of stores they opened the last time they pulled this con. “Interactive product demos” was a big thing last go around too. That’s slang for they won’t have much of anything on the shelves but will try to get you to buy general stuff that’s easy to find anywhere from their online store... which is just Macy’s.

Comment

• LonnieFisher
      Eloquent Member
      • Jan 19, 2008

I googled American Dream and found the American Dream Pizza restaurant here in Portland. Where is it that the Toys R Us is opening?

Comment

• LonnieFisher
        Eloquent Member
        • Jan 19, 2008

Okay, it's in New Jersey. Too far for me to go...

Comment

• apes3978
          Permanent Member
          • Nov 19, 2005

It appears the new TRU went over well, at least that's the way I take it after reading this excerpt from an article about something else that's off limits on these forums (and for good reason)... Anyway, here's the part about the new TRU:

“The booking patterns are strong,’’ Donald said.

So is the traffic at some big retailers. Several hundred people lined up for the opening of the Toys R Us flagship store Sunday at the American Dream mall in East Rutherford, New Jersey.

“We were prepared for a big day, but it was even bigger than we thought,’’ said Yehuda Shmidman, co-founder of WHP Global, which owns Toys R Us.

Comment

• Blue Meanie
            Banned
            • Jun 23, 2001

Originally posted by apes3978
            It appears the new TRU went over well, at least that's the way I take it after reading this excerpt from an article about something else that's off limits on these forums (and for good reason)... Anyway, here's the part about the new TRU:

“The booking patterns are strong,’’ Donald said.

So is the traffic at some big retailers. Several hundred people lined up for the opening of the Toys R Us flagship store Sunday at the American Dream mall in East Rutherford, New Jersey.

“We were prepared for a big day, but it was even bigger than we thought,’’ said Yehuda Shmidman, co-founder of WHP Global, which owns Toys R Us.
            From the looks of what I see online about the company...they are a hedge fund company. Not a good sign for ANY company. So the trip might be short for Toys R Us. They should block hedge fund Wall Street types from getting their hooks into companies. You figured they would have learned from the excesses of the 80's and 90's. Hedge Funds DESTROYED Marvel Comics and Toy Biz.

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎