X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS
    Museum Robot
    • May 9, 2007

Toy-Ventures: Kojak Toys

Toy-Ventures: Kojak Toys Who loves you, baby?
    Toy-Ventures looks at all the toys based on the TV show Kojak. Exactly why was there so much merchandise based on a tv show about a middle-aged detective that dealt with pimps? We get into that and talk about Power Records, Corgi toys and of course, […]
    The post Toy-Ventures: Kojak Toys appeared first on PS.

More...
  • monitor_ep
    Talkative Member
    • May 11, 2013

Mego gave us no choice I had him as my go to Lex Luthor figure.
    Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• SainthoodDenied
      Veteran Member
      • Feb 26, 2008

I had Kojak and the accessory set, I also had several other Excel Toys action figures, Legends of the West series was one of my favorites.
      Chad

Comment

• MysteryWho
        Persistent Member
        • Dec 16, 2008

Great video. I recently picked a Kojak book and record set for the sheer weirdness of it.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
          Verbose Member
          • Mar 7, 2004

Fun video! Imagine Law & Order: SVU figures in the toy ailses now. I can't see that happening!

Rob and I covered some of the Kojak Power Records stories on the Power Records Podcast. They are just as hard-boiled and non-kid friendly as you'd imagine!

Chris
          sigpic

Comment

• RonnyG
            Career Member
            • Apr 23, 2014

The Kojak action figure is one of the toy lines I had no interest in as a kid--but want now as an adult! lol Go figure.
            Looking forward to a video on the Police Woman doll!

Comment

• Falstaff13
              Persistent Member
              • May 28, 2008

The Excel Legends of the West was a great line, and they made some good toys. Kojak has always been a bit of a surprise, and I remember seeing a Kojak in a Ben Franklin in the early 1980s.
              Hugh H. Davis

Wanted: Legends of the West (Empire & Excel) and other western historically-based figures. Send me an offer.
              Also interested in figures based on literary characters.

Comment

• sprytel
                Talkative Member
                • Jun 26, 2009

This video really highlights your own unique blend of in-depth knowledge of the subject, your love of oddball toys, and your sense of humor. You have really stepped up your YouTube game!

I actually think you should reconsider putting yourself on screen in your videos. I know you prefer to stay behind the camera, but YouTube is as much about the personalities as it is about the subject matter.

Comment

• Wee67
                  Museum Correspondent
                  • Apr 2, 2002

I would buy any product from a company called "Pretty Legs"
                  WANTED - Solid-Boxed WGSH's, C.8 or better.

Comment

• palitoy
                    live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                    • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by sprytel
                    This video really highlights your own unique blend of in-depth knowledge of the subject, your love of oddball toys, and your sense of humor. You have really stepped up your YouTube game!

I actually think you should reconsider putting yourself on screen in your videos. I know you prefer to stay behind the camera, but YouTube is as much about the personalities as it is about the subject matter.
                    Incredibly kind of you to say, thank you. I have issues with being on camera too much mainly because I do the shows in my pajamas.
                    Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                    http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Werewolf
                      Inhuman
                      • Jul 14, 2003

I mean I get Emergency and SWAT. There's more of an action/adventure play pattern there. I still can't wrap my mind around someone thought it was a good idea to make Kojak toys for little kids.
                      You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

Working...
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎