X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Werewolf
    Inhuman
    • Jul 14, 2003

Dream Ella MGA's Barbie line.

As a rule I avoid MGA's fashion doll lines. I just don't care for their squat big head aesthetic. But their new Dream Ella line with Barbie style sculpts and proportions had me interested. Plus, you know, Unicorns.

Aria with her Unicorn Lilac.

dreamella.JPG

The color change surprise Fairies are a pretty blatant rip off Barbie color reveal. Same thing, dunk them in water to reveal the doll and open surprise bags for accessories. I do think MGA's bathtub blister bubble design over Mattel's tube is a little more messy. The Color Change Surprise Fairies are very good quality for the $9.99 price. The hair is really nice. It's long, soft and thickly rooted. You do need to trim down the clear rubbery plastic of the wig's skull cap which hangs down pretty far on the doll's face. The Fairy dolls have 5 POA. Ball hips but only rotate at the shoulders.

The first dolls are all budget priced. There are also $8.99 real world versions of the characters, Doctor, Baker and Pet Vet which, are not mystery boxed.

The Unicorns are also budget priced at $12.99 and again they are really nice for the money. Nice clean paint and a glitter horn. The mane has tinsel mixed in. They are also pretty big. I was impressed.
    Last edited by Werewolf; Nov 27, '21, 7:52 PM.
    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...
  • PNGwynne
    Master of Fowl Play
    • Jun 5, 2008

Good price points and attractive, they have a She-Ra vibe. I wish the horses had a saddle.

Who sells these?
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Werewolf
      Inhuman
      • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by PNGwynne

Who sells these?
      Walmart, Target, Best Buy and Amazon.

Amazon lets you choose which doll you get. If you buy them in stores this video has the codes for the dolls.

You ever see those clickbait ads that tell you about one easy trick and that somebody hates the person that knows the trick? Well I actually do have one eas...

8000 Aria
      8017 Ella
      8024 Yasmin
      Last edited by Werewolf; Nov 27, '21, 8:26 PM.
      You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• PNGwynne
        Master of Fowl Play
        • Jun 5, 2008

Her purple cruiser (saw it on u-tube) could become a fun Jokermobile or Batgirl car.
        WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Megotastrophe
          Permanent Member
          • Jun 29, 2018

At 10.5 inches long it's shorter than the Mego Batmobile but if you remove the headrests its looks like a great scale car.
          20211127_215951.jpg

Comment

• PNGwynne
            Master of Fowl Play
            • Jun 5, 2008

The unicorns seem a bit small for the 12" dolls but might be perfect for Mego, too. I like the blue one, Ocean.

Thanks for posting the cruiser!

Comment

• Werewolf
              Inhuman
              • Jul 14, 2003

Dream Elle Unicorn with Mego scale figure.

dreamella2.JPG

Comment

Working...
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎