X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • monitor_ep
    Talkative Member
    • May 11, 2013

Mermaid High (knock-off Monster High)?

Today family wanted to go to shopping so I tagged along. Walking down the toy isle I noticed a new set of dolls called Mermaid High:

20211126_121428[1].jpg20211126_121438[1].jpg

Dive into the world of Mermaid High, where legendry tales of mermaid sightings roam the halls! Best friends Finly, Searra, Oceanna and Mari are making waves with their unique styles, but they’ve got a big secret. They’re mermaids!

Meet Mari: the group’s edgy girl. This 10.5-inch toy fashion doll features a fabulous removable mermaid tail with iridescent scales and a chain belt, tank top with mesh and studded faux leather, flowing lavender hair and eight doll accessories, including a tentacles headband, purse, stylish sunglasses and a surprise accessory hidden in the seashell. Drop the shell into a bowl of warm water and watch as it magically pops open, revealing an accessory to add to Mari’s look! With her rocker chic-inspired mermaid tail, plus extra doll clothes for land, Mari is ready for exciting 2-in-1 play. Use your imagination to create your own mermaid adventures, then swap Mari’s fin for her Mermaid High look: a leather and tweed skirt, mesh knee-highs, and buckle platforms! The seashell even becomes a laptop, the perfect way to enhance your high school storytelling play. Featuring nine points of articulation, pose Mari as you play out endless mermazing stories. Style Mari’s beautiful hair with the comb and learn more about about your figure on her Mermaid High Student ID! Mermaid High fashion dolls make great mermaid gifts for girls ages 4 and up. Collect all the deluxe Mermaid High dolls girls toys (dolls each sold separately) and experience fins, fashion, and friendship as deep as the ocean! These mermaid dolls are intended for pretend play and are not suitable for use in water. Make a splash at Mermaid High with the deluxe Mari doll!

All 4 of the dolls are listed on Walmart.com

They do remind me of the look of Monster High and look like the would fit in with the merflok.
    Last edited by monitor_ep; Nov 26, '21, 11:20 PM.
    Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log
  • RonnyG
    Career Member
    • Apr 23, 2014

I've watched several reviews of these dolls on youtube. I'm not impressed. It seems Monster High started a trend of High School-gimmick dolls. There's also Rainbow High, too!

Comment

• PNGwynne
      Master of Fowl Play
      • Jun 5, 2008

No merlad, phooey.
      WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Werewolf
        Inhuman
        • Jul 14, 2003

With MH returning to retail next year I'm not surprised the copycat lines are going to start coming out again.
        You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

Working...
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎