X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ODBJBG
    Permanent Member
    • May 15, 2009

Mego Planet of the Apes Thanksgiving Day Parade Video

Heres a nice little article on the Mego POTA float and some video footage of Marty, Mego and the Apes!

Mego POTA Thanksgiving Day Parade

A perfect Thanksgiving treat!
  • monitor_ep
    Talkative Member
    • May 11, 2013

Man more "footage of POTA to add to the list
    Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• Falstaff13
      Persistent Member
      • May 28, 2008

This is great and definitely the clearest footage I've seen. I had never realized Marty was dressed as Action Jackson on the float. There were obviously toy-based floats before this, but Mego was a little ahead in terms of its creation of a float of this scale (shades of the MOTU float a decade later).

I thought I'd seen pics in the past of Dr. Zaius or at least a character who looked like him. Is that a faulty memory, or can anyone confirm?
      Last edited by Falstaff13; Nov 25, '21, 8:22 AM. Reason: added a question
      Hugh H. Davis

Wanted: Legends of the West (Empire & Excel) and other western historically-based figures. Send me an offer.
      Also interested in figures based on literary characters.

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
        Muddling through
        • Oct 4, 2008

cool. i'd love to see some footage from TV of the float actually going by. Did they even do that on TV back then? i was only 2 at the time

Comment

• Falstaff13
          Persistent Member
          • May 28, 2008

Originally posted by Nostalgiabuff
          cool. i'd love to see some footage from TV of the float actually going by. Did they even do that on TV back then? i was only 2 at the time
          They did, but there's very limited footage of the parades, pre-1980s. There's home-movie and b-roll type footage of different parades from this era and even earlier, but the TV broadcasts that can be found are from a little later (as they are from early home-video recordings off air). I'd also like to see more footage of this float (along with some of the other 1970s offerings, like the Hobbit and Lord of the Rings ones from later in the decade.
          Hugh H. Davis

Wanted: Legends of the West (Empire & Excel) and other western historically-based figures. Send me an offer.
          Also interested in figures based on literary characters.

Comment

• ODBJBG
            Permanent Member
            • May 15, 2009

Originally posted by Falstaff13
            They did, but there's very limited footage of the parades, pre-1980s. There's home-movie and b-roll type footage of different parades from this era and even earlier, but the TV broadcasts that can be found are from a little later (as they are from early home-video recordings off air). I'd also like to see more footage of this float (along with some of the other 1970s offerings, like the Hobbit and Lord of the Rings ones from later in the decade.
            Yeah there is some good stuff out there, but it can be hard to track down and rare to find any footage of this float.

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎