X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mego-Amigo
    Persistent Member
    • Jun 22, 2011

Super 7 Universal Monsters Reaction Wave 3

They posted on Twitter these will finally be available this Friday. Can't wait.
  • PNGwynne
    Master of Fowl Play
    • Jun 5, 2008

But, Werewolf of London isn't available yet? Dang.
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Count_Popula
      Museum Super Collector
      • Aug 28, 2018

Yeah, WWOL was supposed to be in this wave. And The Creature Walks Among Us just sort of dropped solo, so maybe it counts as part of wave 3? But the 4 new ones we're getting are must buys for me, I love these fun figures and I hope this isn't the last wave. I've also bought a lot of the color/glow in the dark variants, some of them look really cool.

Comment

• enyawd72
        Maker of Monsters!
        • Oct 1, 2009

And why is Son of Frank wearing a red shirt and blue pants?

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
          Verbose Member
          • Mar 7, 2004

You know...I like Super 7's Universal Monsters. But when the card art is so gorgeous, and captures Bela's likeness as Ygor for instance...why doesn't the figure? The original Remco figures had better likenesses. The Frankenstein and Mummy are clearly Karloff, and the Phantom is clearly Chaney, Sr. If the card art for the Super 7 figures was the generic versions of the characters Universal often uses on merchandising, then I wouldn't bat an eye. But the likenesses are in use...just not on the figures. It's very odd.

Chris
          Last edited by Earth 2 Chris; Nov 27, '21, 9:24 AM.
          sigpic

Comment

• PNGwynne
            Master of Fowl Play
            • Jun 5, 2008

^Their Phantom is terrible, and no cape? One with Reaction-style armholes would be more accurate than for Drac.

But I have them all, I love the total package. I figure if i want to open some, I'll open the Funko ones--still cheaper than Remco.
            Last edited by PNGwynne; Nov 27, '21, 12:10 AM.
            WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
              Verbose Member
              • Mar 7, 2004

I would guess the direction is "make them look like cheap 80s toys", which would include, in general, soft likenesses. Except Remco nailed those likenesses in the Monster line. Of the "face" monsters, Dracula is a bit generic, but it still evokes a young Lugosi. Now don't get me wrong, S7's Monsters have nice sculpts, much better overall than Funko's take on them when they did the ReAction figures (their Frankenstein is just plain dull). But it's just kind of puzzling that S7 sticks to that old mantra of "make 'em look cheap" and puts them in these mind-blowingly goregous packages. I keep all of mine carded.

Chris
              sigpic

Comment

• enyawd72
                Maker of Monsters!
                • Oct 1, 2009

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
                I would guess the direction is "make them look like cheap 80s toys", which would include, in general, soft likenesses. Except Remco nailed those likenesses in the Monster line. Of the "face" monsters, Dracula is a bit generic, but it still evokes a young Lugosi. Now don't get me wrong, S7's Monsters have nice sculpts, much better overall than Funko's take on them when they did the ReAction figures (their Frankenstein is just plain dull). But it's just kind of puzzling that S7 sticks to that old mantra of "make 'em look cheap" and puts them in these mind-blowingly goregous packages. I keep all of mine carded.

Chris
                Same here. I wish whoever did the Hasbro retro Star Wars figures would sculpt for Super7. The Mandalorian figures literally look like they were made in the 80's. They are indistinguishable from vintage Kenner originals.

Comment

• Count_Popula
                  Museum Super Collector
                  • Aug 28, 2018

It's confirmed on the back of the wave 3 boxes that The Creature Walks Among Us is part of wave 3. But he was released months ago, the other 4 are hot off the press. The fact that a Werewolf of London prototype has been seen but not produced for sale gives me hope that there will be a wave 4.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                    Master of Fowl Play
                    • Jun 5, 2008

I contacted Super7 about Werewolf of London. Per their customer service rep, the figure is delayed and no info is available on a release date.

Comment

• scott metzger
                      Persistent Member
                      • Jul 9, 2007

I may break down and get a couple of these, Ygor and Ardeth, although Ardeth definitely needs more lines in his face. But that price point is really a problem. I have the early figures, but once the price bopped up, I had to start making choices. I finished up with most of the Masters figures, and got a few of the early Transformers (those remind me so much of the Action Masters) and really would have liked going in on Thundercats and Turtles, but you reach a point where you just can't do it.

Comment

• ODBJBG
                        Permanent Member
                        • May 15, 2009

The shirt is brown and the pants are grey on Frank. Nice looking figures but whether they’re worth it is subjective. Much like Megos a big part of the charm of these is all the licenses that share the same style now.

Comment

• Count_Popula
                          Museum Super Collector
                          • Aug 28, 2018

I have Ardeth and he is the spitting image of Tommy Lee Jones, lol. As far as a possible wave 4, what other figures (besides the Werewolf) might it include? I'd love to see a Son of Dracula. The company has already produced 3 Chaney figures (Lon & Lon Jr.), so why not? They seem to have a good relationship with the Chaney estate.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                            Master of Fowl Play
                            • Jun 5, 2008

I was thinking today about a potential wave 4 (even thought I like The Worst more):

Werewolf of London
                            Mr. Hyde
                            Dracula's Daughter
                            The Creeper
                            Man-Made Monster--Dynamo Dan

Comment

• Count_Popula
                              Museum Super Collector
                              • Aug 28, 2018

I realize they may not have the rights to all characters, but my fantasy wave 4 would include:

Son of Drac
                              Werewolf of London
                              Carradine Drac
                              Glenn Strange Frankenstein
                              Dr. Pretorius
                              Dr. Henry Frankenstein

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎