Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So the movie based DC figures can go to Walmart and Target?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • scott metzger
    Persistent Member
    • Jul 9, 2007

So the movie based DC figures can go to Walmart and Target?

I was kind of surprised about the DCEU Supes and Wondy showing up at regular retail. I assume this means the restrictions are only on the comic based DC stuff? Or did I just miss the explanation or a change along the way?
  • ODBJBG
    Permanent Member
    • May 15, 2009

I don't think there have ever been restrictions have there? Supers, WW and Batman had the 3 pack at Walmart and all those figures were in Meijers at first. I think that's more fan speculation than reality.

Perhaps the placement of the figures (in the novelties sections of certain stores) had something to do with it. Not sure. But they're in the toy aisles at Meijers and that was long before the DCEU stuff.

Comment

• scott metzger
      Persistent Member
      • Jul 9, 2007

We were specifically told that the DC were exclusive to Meijer (because of the way the DC license is set up, there were supposed to only be a handful of places carrying them exclusively according to the Mego folks themselves at Mego Meet, but Meijer was the only one to actually do it), and the comic based figures have never shown up at other brick and mortar retailers I'm aware of. They've been available online easily enough. but these are the first DC based Megos I've seen on an actual peg. Even the Wally set was only available online, I believe. Guess we'll know if something has changed if the next wave has comics based figures and they wind up at Target.

Comment

• The Bat
        Batman Fanatic
        • Jul 14, 2002

Yeah, I was shocked to see a WW at Target yesterday. I didn't buy her because she's hideous looking...but it's great to see DC Megos coming to Target. Now bring on the Ben Afleck BATMAN!!!
        sigpic

Comment

Working...
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎