• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rche
    channeling Bob Wills
    • Mar 26, 2008

official Mego Museum Secret Santa exchange 2021

official MM Secret Santa gift exchange for 2021

And here we go - it is that time of year again.

I am coordinating a name swap for folks who want to exchange gifts to fellow MEGOheads as a Secret Santa.

Anyone who wishes to participate needs to send an EMAIL to justrche@yahoo.com by SATURDAY - Nov 27. (please don't use the pm system here, as I want to keep track of this over the holidays and my PM box will just fill up.) I am going to close this up on Sunday the 28th and email the participants with their recipient that day. Hopefully that should give everyone enough time to run to Target or Walmart and get to the mailbox, so get your names and wish lists in now. Alternate suggestion for those that are still keeping fairly distanced is to order goodies and then drop ship your gift to whomever is your recipient.

To participate in the gift exchange, I will need:

- your Mego Museum handle and your name that the local postal authorities will deliver to.
    - your postal address. (this will only go out to the person who draws your name for SS)
    - a wish list; but remember - not everyone is loaded with extra Zorros and Secret Identity kits, and what you receive may be nowhere near what you put on your list. It is nice to dream, tho.

I will mix the names up and pull from a hat to draw for who gets who. I actually use a hat for this and my son, Cip, helps me out with the drawing. To be honest, he is deep in the throes of his teenage angst right now, and I will have to extract him from whatever digital device he is staring at, but he will come through and yank the names for me. I will email everyone back on Sunday the 28th with their info for their SS recipient. I am getting older and a bit more forgetful and sometimes I fall asleep early, so it might be Monday.

Wrap gifts as you see fit, and try to be polite about it; the person you are giving to may want to stick it under their tree where their kids or grandkids can see it.
    According to the USPS website, gifts should hit the post office by the 15th of December so that they get there before the needles start falling off of the tree. (if you are a true procrastinator, priority says it will get there if posted by the 20th) I don't know how much I trust that info this year with the recent change in postal stuffs and all the cargo delays, but do what you can. If we have anyone in Europe who wants to play this year - well, sometimes this works out as a jolly new year instead.

Please let me know when you have POSTED or RECEIVED a present. It is also nice to post a pic or a thanks or something in this thread indicating your gift arrived and did indeed survive the postal crush.
    I will send out a reminder as we get close to December 15th, but really - this is a fun thing and I am a volunteer coordinator, not a watch dog. So if you can't get to the post office with a gift in the next couple of weeks.....

Feel free to use this thread to post up pictures of your gifts and many back-slappings and guffaws can be had then.

Please use your best judgement on value. There is no limit if you are feeling generous, but please remember we do not all live in Wayne Manor. Considering all the hubbub about the new Mego's at Target and WalMart this year, that is probably a good yardstick for a gift, not to mention the many awesome new MEGO sellers that have been helping everyone out over the past few years.

If you can please post pictures of stuff you got.

and above all else
    have a GOOD time
    Happy Holidays to all!
    -rche
  • Duncan
    Museum focus-groupie
    • Jun 27, 2009

Hi. I'm in - thanks for doing this. I can't wait to see who gets my Bag O'Glass this year.

https://youtu.be/veMiNQifZcM

Comment

• rche
      channeling Bob Wills
      • Mar 26, 2008

Not having a lot of interest this year. Maybe it will be a year without a secret Santa Clause. I'm gonna have to visit the Meiser Bros and see what is up.

Comment

• PNGwynne
        Master of Fowl Play
        • Jun 5, 2008

I'm in, this is fun and you do a great job coordinating it.
        WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• rche
          channeling Bob Wills
          • Mar 26, 2008

Originally posted by PNGwynne
          I'm in, this is fun and you do a great job coordinating it.
          Awesome Scott, and thanks! Hopefully we will get a few other players signing in. I suppose there is just not as much traffic here as elsewhere on the webs nowadays. It is always fun to see what gets traded about, tho.

Comment

• UnderdogDJLSW
            To Fear is Not Logical...
            • Feb 17, 2008

I am in again for this year, too. EMail coming your way tonight, sir!
            It's all good!

Comment

• rche
              channeling Bob Wills
              • Mar 26, 2008

^^ awesome!
              We definitely have enough players to mix it up. Hopefully I can make sure to not have any repeats for you all with giving/receiving.

Almost at last call for the gift exchange. I am planning on working on this tomorrow evening and getting everyone's info out Sunday evening or Monday morning.
              Send your deets to justrche@yahoo.com if you want in on the MM Secret Santa this year.

Comment

• rche
                channeling Bob Wills
                • Mar 26, 2008

OK - unless we have a few last minute stragglers, it looks like I have emails from all our participants for the gift exchange this year.
                I should have this sorted and sent out this evening.

LAST CHANCE if you want to send me a note and join in on the Secret Santa for the Museum this year.
                justrche@yahoo.com
                all the deets in the first post in this thread.

have a GOOD time
                - rche

Comment

• rche
                  channeling Bob Wills
                  • Mar 26, 2008

And - the names have been drawn and emails are sent.
                  Please let me know if you did not get my email.
                  I tried to make sure all givers and recipients were not repeats from at least the prior 3 or so years, but if I messed up my notes on that, gimme a shout and I'll see what I can do.
                  I hope everyone has fun with the exchange. Please send me an email when you send/receive anything. I will post up a reminder close to the 15th just in case, but I am sure y'all have this covered.
                  Happy Holidays to everyone and
                  have a GOOD time!!

Comment

• PNGwynne
                    Master of Fowl Play
                    • Jun 5, 2008

Posted, and received. Looking forward to opening mine Christmas eve, and it included some charming "stocking stuffers."
                    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• rche
                      channeling Bob Wills
                      • Mar 26, 2008

Fantastic news! Looking forward to some jolly posts.

Comment

• UnderdogDJLSW
                        To Fear is Not Logical...
                        • Feb 17, 2008

Hi fellow Santas. I was slammed with work last week, so didn't do much but eat, sleep, repeat. One thing I did do is make sure that I did send out a package on it's cross-country trip last Wednesday, so hopefully it is there by now. I also received a package from Santa and will be keeping that closed until this coming weekend
                        It's all good!

Comment

• PNGwynne
                          Master of Fowl Play
                          • Jun 5, 2008

Though I can't post pix, I want to share the very generous gifts I received from my Museum Secret Santa--six new Megos!:

Van Helsing (with stake)
                          Son of Frankenstein
                          Wolfman
                          Egyptian Mummy
                          Robin
                          Penguin

I was very surprised and truly appreciate them--thank you!

The enclosed Mego tokens were the icing on the Christmas cookies: six 3D-printed gold coins from featuring the logos of Mego, Star Trek, Batman, Shazam!, Spider-Man, and Capt. America's shield. Plus a hologram Robin card, and all wrapped in penguin paper .

I'm thrilled to have all this in my collection; some will foster customs which is extra fun. Merry Christmas, P.
                          Last edited by PNGwynne; Dec 25, '21, 2:27 PM.

Comment

• pmwasson
                            Maker
                            • Sep 12, 2007

I waiting until Christmas day to open my secret Santa gift...

.. and I hit the jackpot!

Thank-you Santa for the generous gifts. I love the Snoopy wrapping paper. I didn't have any of the gift already, so it was a home-run: the Megos are very appreciated, I can't wait to read the Holiday Special, the He-man set is very cute and the Old Bay cards are very nice.

I was blown away! Thanks!
                            Last edited by pmwasson; Dec 25, '21, 6:41 PM.
                            sigpic LaserMego

Comment

• Mikey
                              Verbose Member
                              • Aug 9, 2001

Have never done a Secret Santa thing before

Looks like fun

Next year PLEASE somebody tell me how to play

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰