X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Werewolf
    Inhuman
    • Jul 14, 2003

Breyer fantasy horses for MOTU Origins.

Breyer horses probably fly under the radar of some collectors here. They make great quality horses in a wide range of scales. Most importantly they make a nice variety of Unicorns that are just about a perfect style and scale match with Origins. Be sure to get only the 1:12 scale horses. The other sizes are either way too small or too large.

Here's Teela with Le Mer.

breyerlemer.JPG

There's also a golden Unicorn called Solaris that looks really close to Teela's early mini comic Unicorn.
    Last edited by Werewolf; Nov 21, '21, 10:51 PM.
    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...
  • Werewolf
    Inhuman
    • Jul 14, 2003

And if you want to go full Princess of Power style they even make a few Unicorns with rooted hair.

Here's She-Ra with Sky from the Magical Unicorn and Fantasy Rider set.

breyersky.JPG

I may trim the hair on this one to match vintage POP length. It's extra-long so kids can style and braid the hair.
    Last edited by Werewolf; Nov 21, '21, 9:47 PM.
    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• PNGwynne
      Master of Fowl Play
      • Jun 5, 2008

Those look nice, especially She-Ra's.

1/12 for MOTU, and the larger ones fit Megos.
      WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Werewolf
        Inhuman
        • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by PNGwynne
        and the larger ones fit Megos.
        Oh, yeah! I had totally spaced that.

The 1:9 scale Halloween horse for this year was pretty cool.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
          Verbose Member
          • Mar 7, 2004

Wow, those do look great together. I'm kind of surprised my daughter never got into horses much. All the Spirit merch out there never called to her. The Kentucky Horse Park State Park near us has a huge Breyer selection in their gift shop. We go there every Christmas for their light display. It's all very well done. I've been tempted to pick up a few for Mego displays, but never pulled the trigger.

Chris
          sigpic

Comment

• ODBJBG
            Permanent Member
            • May 15, 2009

Nice! They looks pretty good. Probably better scaled than they would be if they released some.

Comment

• imlaughing2death
              • Jul 20, 2020

I definitely plan on getting a Breyer Horse for my Mego Headless Horseman at some point in the future, although they tend to be expensive and riding gear is usually a separate cost.

Although, I wonder if anyone would be crazy enough to make a custom Centaur figure using a Breyer horse and a Mego.

Comment

• TrekStar
                Trek or Treat
                • Jan 20, 2011

I’d like to pick up a Breyer horse or two, especially a pinto for an Indian custom I have, I just wanted to ask which is the best scale size for mego’s?

Comment

• Werewolf
                  Inhuman
                  • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by TrekStar
                  I’d like to pick up a Breyer horse or two, especially a pinto for an Indian custom I have, I just wanted to ask which is the best scale size for mego’s?
                  The 1:9 scale. Their traditional series. They still even make the 8 inch riders to go with them.

Comment

• RonnyG
                    Career Member
                    • Apr 23, 2014

Originally posted by imlaughing2death
                    I definitely plan on getting a Breyer Horse for my Mego Headless Horseman at some point in the future, although they tend to be expensive and riding gear is usually a separate cost.
                    You might want to try your local thrift shop if you want to save $$$. I see used, play/doll horses at my local thrift store in the toy section all the time.

Comment

• monitor_ep
                      Talkative Member
                      • May 11, 2013

I bought a set of 5 horses off of Ebay for the for the price of a new one so always check there.
                      Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• monitor_ep
                        Talkative Member
                        • May 11, 2013

Tractor Supply has there Black Friday sale going on Buy one get one 50% off sell. They have the horses on there website and a few Megos still show up.
                        Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• Werewolf
                          Inhuman
                          • Jul 14, 2003

Breyer Unicorn Paint & Play

breyerpaint.JPG

The sculpt and pose is VERY vintage Princess of Power. The closest of all of them. The downside, it comes completely unpainted. I didn't use the brush or paint set included. Which looked perfectly fine but were not the colors I needed to finish off the POP look I was going for. I used paint pens.

If you have a spare vintage POP wings and saddle, they do fit.
                          Last edited by Werewolf; Dec 16, '21, 8:13 PM.

Comment

Working...
                          😀
                          🥰
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😡
                          👍
                          👎