X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Earth 2 Chris
    Verbose Member
    • Mar 7, 2004

Ghostbusters: Afterlife

I went in with very high expectations for this film, and I have to say it far exceeded them. The movie was fun, the new characters were really great, and there are TONS of nostaliga and callbacks, and those actually make sense within the story they are telling. What I really didn't expect was to be so moved by this. I got misty eyed, and it wasn't just nostalgia talking.

If you ever liked the franchise at all, go see this. I don't think anyone will be disappointed. Oh, I'm sure some dead-at-heart crank will, but most won't.

Chris
    sigpic
  • monitor_ep
    Talkative Member
    • May 11, 2013

ghostbusters_afterlife_top_h.jpg
    Well boyfriend & I went and watched the movie early on. We did the noble thing by watching the first 3 movies before we watched Afterlife. Afterlife has now set the bar for reboots of past movies/tv series. They respected the past work of the first movie, ignored the failed reboot and introduce new blood to carry on the future movies. I wish more movies/tv series would do this. This movie is worth going and spending money to watch, We cannot wait to see more sequels with both teams working together.
    Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• Klosterheim
      Persistent Member
      • Mar 23, 2013

The movie sounds like it Rocks!

I'm really looking forward to seeing it!

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
        Muddling through
        • Oct 4, 2008

i really want to see this too. i wonder if they are offering it on demand for early access. i'll have to go check today

Comment

• monitor_ep
          Talkative Member
          • May 11, 2013

Ok Boyfriend & I just rewatched Ghostbusters 1, 2, 3 (The video Game Movie) & reboot, out of all of those you really only need to watch the first one to understand Afterlife.

Tonight we rewatched the reboot (my only second time) and its ok, but really if they would have just followed the comic books and just started up a different chapter in the same universe that movie would have gone better with the original fans, if the reboot had a better writer it could have added more to the legacy.
          Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• Wee67
            Museum Correspondent
            • Apr 2, 2002

What I liked about this reboot was that it captured the feel and sensibility of the first 2 without simply copying them. The child actors did a fantastic job. I also enjoyed how they went out of their way to use today's technology to recreate the original special effects. Fun is the best way to describe this movie!
            WANTED - Solid-Boxed WGSH's, C.8 or better.

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎