Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • thunderbolt
    Hi Ernie!!!
    • Feb 15, 2004

She-Hulk is coming on Disney Plus and there are rumors about World War Hulk being adapted in the MCU.
    You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Count_Popula
      Museum Super Collector
      • Aug 28, 2018

And all this legal red tape is why, 40 plus years later, these figures that would delight collectors remain just a great, green pipe dream. Such a shame. DC does a much better job of merching their past. All the Adam West, Lynda Carter, Chris Reeve, and even 1990 Flash figures.

Comment

• palitoy
        live. laugh. lisa needs braces
        • Jun 16, 2001

Yeah, it's pretty low-hanging fruit but it's also probably a mess of red tape.
        Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
        http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• MegoMonk
          Career Member
          • Jan 22, 2007

Coincidentally, I just watched the Ed Norton Hulk movie last night, as I have not seen it in a long time. My wife and I were wondering why the opening said both Universal and Marvel. Thanks for explaining it!
          Last edited by MegoMonk; Nov 27, '21, 6:09 PM. Reason: punctuation

Comment

• TrekStar
            Trek or Treat
            • Jan 20, 2011

If mego ever got back the marvel license, I would like to see…Spiderman and Spiderman removable mask variant.

Iron Man- Thor- Captain America- Black Panther etc etc etc, AND…do I dare say alter-egos…
            Peter Parker-SteveRogers-Tony Stark.

Comment

• Mejo
              Museum Patron
              • Jun 30, 2022

I like everyone's lists! I too doubt Disney will relent and let Mego do these, but you never know, so here's my top ten dream list of wanna-gets:

The hero redoes:

1) Iron Man (with removable helmet, if possible)
              2) Captain America (obviously with a more accurate costume than the original Mego figure)
              3) Spider-Man (with removable mask, if possible)
              4) Hulk (hopefully this one will be done at slightly larger 9" or 10" scale; if not then I would buy a 14". Hulk being the same size as the other heroes just never looked right to me. As a kid, I used the larger 12" Hulk figure, while the 8" one was Banner just starting to transform LOL)
              5) Thor (without the hole in his head, would be nice )

The hero never-dones:

6) Dr. Strange (a fully-detailed, especially the cape trim, Ditko-esque figure would be sooooo cool!)
              7) Daredevil
              8) Cyclops
              9) Beast (original Kirby "big feet" version!)
              10) Moon Knight (the silvery Bill Sienkiewicz look)

The villain redoes:

1) Green Goblin
              2) Lizard

The villain never-dones:

3) Scorpion
              4) Dr. Octopus
              5) Mysterio
              6) Kraven the Hunter
              7) Kingpin
              8) Red Skull
              9) Dr. Doom
              10) Loki

I liked and own most of the ToyBiz 9" figures that were done years ago (especially Iron Man and Spider-Man), and the few other 9" ones that were done soon after (I can't recall the brand, was it also ToyBiz?) were even better (Daredevil, Captain America, Doc Ock, Green Goblin) because they didn't have the exaggerated musculature and angry, snarling faces, and they could move their fingers. But I always hoped Mego would return and bring back the 8" versions of these heroes and villains, improving on some features, yet retaining that "classic" feel. Let's hope it happens!
              Last edited by Mejo; Jul 1, '22, 9:33 PM.

Comment

Working...
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎