X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jrfjr126rock
    Veteran Member
    • Feb 23, 2008

Top 10 Most Wanted Marvel Figures

We all know it's a long shot that Mego will ever get the Marvel license again but if so what would be everyone's top 10 wants?

1. Daredevil
    2. Spiderman
    3. Wolverine
    4. Kingpin
    5. Captain America
    6. Falcon
    7. Elektra
    8. Nick Fury
    9. Moon Knight
    10. Blade

My idea would be for Mego to pitch to Disney a partnership where they could be Disney Park and store exclusives. I think it would be fun to see Megos of all the Disney licenses including Star Wars, Mickey Mouse characters, Disney Princesses, etc. Kind of like a collect-them all souvenir item.
  • puckace
    Museum Super Collector
    • Feb 5, 2009

If they do this, I would want it to include the Target stores with a Disney Area. All of the Disney stores near me have closed the last few years.

Heroes

1. Spider-man
    2. Black Panther
    3. Iron Man
    4. Captain America
    5. Hulk
    6. Thing
    7. Human Torch
    8. Vision
    9. Thor
    10. Wolverine

Villains

1. Doctor Doom
    2. Hobgoblin
    3. Magneto
    4. Lizard
    5. Abomination
    6. Loki
    7. Ultron
    8. Titanium Man
    9. Red Skull
    10. Absorbing Man

These are in no particular order of preference. But they would make a great heroes vs villains set.

Comment

• Jrfjr126rock
      Veteran Member
      • Feb 23, 2008

I think Hasbro has done a good job giving us a variety of characters for their pocket superhero type line. Any of those initial releases would be great in Mego scale as well!

Comment

• zeedox
        Career Member
        • Aug 10, 2007

Anyone else been getting the retro Marvel 3.34? Other than that the EMCE box sets were really amazing wish they made iron man tho.

Comment

• Jrfjr126rock
          Veteran Member
          • Feb 23, 2008

Originally posted by zeedox
          Anyone else been getting the retro Marvel 3.34? Other than that the EMCE box sets were really amazing wish they made iron man tho.
          I haven't got any yet but they look so good that I think I may bite! I liked the DST boxsets too although the heads were too hard and don't fit into pegs very well.

Comment

• MRP
            Persistent Member
            • Jul 19, 2016

Originally posted by zeedox
            I have gotten a bunch of these. There's a thread about them in the modern toys forum.

-M
            "Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Comment

• MRP
              Persistent Member
              • Jul 19, 2016

If Mego were to get Marvel (something I highly doubt happening) my top 10 would be...

1. Conan (since he's back at Marvel currently)
              2. Doctor Strange
              3. Black Panther
              4. Ghost Rider
              5. Vision
              6. Loki
              7. Thor
              8. Scarlet Witch
              9. Daredevil
              10. Kingpin

-M
              "Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Comment

• Count_Popula
                Museum Super Collector
                • Aug 28, 2018

There have never been any official toys based on The Incredible Hulk TV series! My dream, maybe my ultimate wish list figures, would be MEGO David Banner, Hulk, Jack McGee, and more. Frye's Creature, plus TV Spiderman & TV Cap, would also be great. TV Thor & Daredevil would be the icing on the cake.

Comment

• Jrfjr126rock
                  Veteran Member
                  • Feb 23, 2008

I think the Incredible Hulk is not owned by Disney right? Not sure who owns the license for the TV series...

Comment

• palitoy
                    live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                    • Jun 16, 2001

Disney owns the Hulk fair and square. If you want to license Hulk merchandise, you have to go to Disney. If you want to make Hulk TV Merchandise, you have to pay Disney and Universal and the estates of the actors. This is, providing they have all worked something out.
                    Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                    http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Jrfjr126rock
                      Veteran Member
                      • Feb 23, 2008

Originally posted by palitoy
                      Disney owns the Hulk fair and square. If you want to license Hulk merchandise, you have to go to Disney. If you want to make Hulk TV Merchandise, you have to pay Disney and Universal and the estates of the actors. This is, providing they have all worked something out.
                      Interesting. Why is it then that Disney cannot make a Hulk movie for MCU and can only use the character in other shows/movies?

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
                        Often invisible
                        • Jul 18, 2002

Originally posted by Jrfjr126rock
                        Interesting. Why is it then that Disney cannot make a Hulk movie for MCU and can only use the character in other shows/movies?
                        They can make a Hulk movie. They're choosing not to.
                        Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

• Krypt0nite
                          Radioactive!
                          • Feb 13, 2010

I think Universal has distribution rights to the Hulk, while Disney owns the character outright.

Comment

• MRP
                            Persistent Member
                            • Jul 19, 2016

Originally posted by Jrfjr126rock
                            They don't quite own the movie rights full and clear, but they can and do use the characters-from an article published last month citing the recently released Story of the Marvel Studios: The Making of the Marvel Cinematic Universe

In The Story of Marvel Studios: The Making of the Marvel Cinematic Universe (which was recently published by Abrams Books), it's noted that Universal and Marvel publicly agreed upon a new deal regarding the Hulk film rights in 2006. However, this only happened after Universal failed to get a sequel to Ang Lee's 2003 Hulk movie in active development by the contracted date (at which point the rights would revert to Marvel).David Maisel, a former Marvel Studios executive who played a key role in getting the MCU up and going, subsequently proposed that Marvel Studios make the next Hulk film and pay Universal to distribute it, which resulted in 2008's The Incredible Hulk. This also ensured that Marvel Studios could use Hulk in "future multicharacter films," beginning with The Avengers in 2012 and continuing on to Avengers: Age of Ultron (2015), Thor: Ragnarok (2017), Avengers: Infinity War (2018), and Avengers: Endgame (2019). At the same time, Universal retains "the right of first refusal to distribute any future solo Hulk movies," which accounts for the lack of a second Hulk solo movie in the MCU.
                            The full article here: https://www.cbr.com/marvel-explains-...ersal-studios/

-M

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
                              Often invisible
                              • Jul 18, 2002

Originally posted by Krypt0nite
                              I think Universal has distribution rights to the Hulk, while Disney owns the character outright.
                              I googled that and it seems to be correct. Cool, I assumed Disney wasn't making Hulk movies because of the poor box office of the earlier ones, but seemingly they don't want to deal with Universal.
                              Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎