X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TrekStar
    Trek or Treat
    • Jan 20, 2011

Svengoolie King Kong vs. Godzilla Part Two

I am very happy and honored to share the spotlight this week for the Svengoolie movie of the week thread, thanks to monitor_ep for allowing me to join in.

King Kong vs. Godzilla (1963) English version, I also have the Japanese version of this movie, but I wasn't sure if anyone could understand Japanese if I typed it, besides you can't type Japanese from American internet computers.

I was able to do this just because I have the Bandai figures from the movie, and yes, Kong looks horrible, totally a guy in a cheap ape costume, heck the background stand in's in the original Planet of the Apes movie with rubber masks looked better, but I did though like Godzilla's appearance in this movie, better than the follow up movies.

Please enjoy these pics from my backyard adventures, the fighting pics were taken on a huge boulder in my yard, the scenery looked good so I gave it a shot.

enjoy!

Godzilla approaches the tanks

Kong toying with the tanks

Battle Scenes, tree trunk down the hatch and the Godzilla drop kick, Kong has a dragon by the tail.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by TrekStar; Nov 19, '21, 8:27 PM.
  • TrekStar
    Trek or Treat
    • Jan 20, 2011

I have one more battle pic to share, I could only download 5 at a time on the computer.

Who Wins????
    Attached Files

Comment

• monitor_ep
      Talkative Member
      • May 11, 2013

Bravo!! I like the fact that on the boulder is really looks like the fight scene from the movie. Also I love the mini-tanks!!!
      Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• TrekStar
        Trek or Treat
        • Jan 20, 2011

Originally posted by monitor_ep
        Bravo!! I like the fact that on the boulder is really looks like the fight scene from the movie. Also I love the mini-tanks!!!
        Thanks, I enjoyed doing this. I also had helicopters, but I didn’t know how to keep them stationary in the air without holding them up with my hand and they didn’t fit properly in Godzilla’s claws.

Comment

• monitor_ep
          Talkative Member
          • May 11, 2013

ReMego Svengoolie presents King Kong vs. Godzilla (1963) take 2

Really wanted to combine TrekStar & my thread together so lets redo this:

This weekend on MeTV Svengoolie brings back the Godzilla King of the Monsters (Kaiju) in #King Kong vs. Godzilla:

(Re-edited US Version) Eric Carter, a reporter for the United Nations, reports on a submarine which collides with an iceberg and frees Godzilla. The news of this soon leads to Mr. Tako, the chairman of a pharmaceutical company, to seek a monster of his own to generate publicity. He sends out an expedition to Farou Island where they discover the god of the island in the form of King Kong. The giant ape is capture and returned to Japan, upon which it escapes and heads off on a collision course straight towards Godzilla. The two rivals soon clash in a giant climatic battle.

So time to check in on ReMego Svengoolie set:
          ReMego Svengoolie presents King Kong vs Godzilla 1a.jpg

The Kaiju figures on the desk & shelf are from the Monopoly Godzilla Collectors Edition Board Game.
          ReMego Svengoolie presents King Kong vs Godzilla 1b.jpg

From TrekStar wonderful collection of Godzilla figures the true recreation:
          TrekStar Godzilla and Kong (1).jpg
          TrekStar Godzilla and Kong (6).jpg

Song Time:
          20211117_150838.jpg
          Last edited by monitor_ep; Nov 20, '21, 7:33 AM.
          Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• TrekStar
            Trek or Treat
            • Jan 20, 2011

It all came out nicely, I had fun doing this and thanks for letting me join in and co-host with you this week.

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎