X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Werewolf
    Inhuman
    • Jul 14, 2003

Fraggle Rock back to the rock

Characters look the same. No re-imagining or needless updating. Looks good.

Last edited by Werewolf; Nov 17, '21, 9:04 PM.
    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...
  • Werewolf
    Inhuman
    • Jul 14, 2003

No one else here liked Fraggle Rock?
    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• PNGwynne
      Master of Fowl Play
      • Jun 5, 2008

Of course, I watched it regularly. I liked Boober most, then Wembley.

The relaunch looks fun.
      WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• msenger76
        Veteran Member
        • Nov 3, 2009

Sad its on apple tv

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
          Muddling through
          • Oct 4, 2008

cool. i had not even heard they were doing a reboot. did HBO lose the rights? I don't get AppleTV

Comment

• rche
            channeling Bob Wills
            • Mar 26, 2008

Fraggles were a guilty pleasure of mine as I held onto childhood as a tween. I enjoyed the first couple of years, but then finally succumbed to my toyless teenage years. I tried to get my kids to watch about ten years ago, but never could excite their interest. Happy to hear they did not feel an upgrade necessary for these classic muppets.

Comment

• Werewolf
              Inhuman
              • Jul 14, 2003

I'm also disappointed it's exclusive to apple tv. I will have to wait until it hits DVD.

Comment

• Falstaff13
                Persistent Member
                • May 28, 2008

This has me actually thinking about getting Apple TV. I definitely want to see this; the original is one of those "greatest" series for me, and it has held up well over the years.
                Hugh H. Davis

Wanted: Legends of the West (Empire & Excel) and other western historically-based figures. Send me an offer.
                Also interested in figures based on literary characters.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                  Verbose Member
                  • Mar 7, 2004

We NEVER had HBO. It was kind of weird. I think my Mom must have read there was a lot of adult content on it, so it was never even an option. Little did she know the downtown video store gave us unlimited access to all the adult-ish content we could handle...but shouldn't. But because of that, I never saw Fraggle Rock much, other than a few times when I was at my grandparents or uncle and aunt's house. They had HBO for boxing, mostly.

I honestly felt really left out. I loved the Muppets (still do), so I was in for anything Henson. It was probably the first time I was stung by exclusivity.

Chris
                  sigpic

Comment

• ToyTalk
                    Career Member
                    • Mar 25, 2020

I love the Fraggles but I'm not paying for another streaming service
                    Looking for FTC figures from 5-10 years ago

Comment

• tay666
                      Career Member
                      • Dec 27, 2008

Wait!
                      Fraggles were on HBO?

I could have sworn I watched them on PBS.

After a quick look at wikipedia it must have been one of the Canadian stations I saw it on.
                      I just know I used to see it on regular broadcast TV like in 84 or 85.

Loved it at the time, but every time I try to rewatch it now, it doesn't hold my interest.

Comment

Working...
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎