Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Toy-Ventures: Know your AHI Frankenstein Variants!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS
    Museum Robot
    • May 9, 2007

Toy-Ventures: Know your AHI Frankenstein Variants!

Know your AHI Frankenstein Variants! In issue 1 of Toy-Ventures Magazine (limited supply available), we sought to catalogue the many variants of the Azrak-Hamway World’s Greatest Super Monsters action figures. As a bonus, in speaking with former AHI/Remco employees, we discovered the origin of these many variants. It seems that AHI did not own its […]
    The post Toy-Ventures: Know your AHI Frankenstein Variants! appeared first on PS.

More...
  • Megotastrophe
    Permanent Member
    • Jun 29, 2018

I don't think I have seen two identical or even very similar AHI monsters side by side ever. Well ok maybe on pegs in the 70s but that's still a big maybe.

Comment

• J.B.
      Guild Navigator
      • Jun 23, 2010

Really enjoyed that. The sleepy, creepy AHI mold makes this my favorite Frankie toy. My very late version was perfectly described by P.S. as "it kind of looks like someone wearing a cheap Halloween mask.."

You are transparent; I see many things... I see plans within plans.

Comment

• Confessional
        Maker & Whatnot
        • Aug 8, 2012

I just love that you can collect these with seemly endless variations… what an awesome, unintentional gift to kids and collectors alike!

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
          Verbose Member
          • Mar 7, 2004

One of these days, I really need to own some AHI monsters, particularly Frankenstein. The use of the Aurora sculpt that perfectly captures Karloff from Bride of Frankenstein is the apex of all Frankenstein merchandise, in my opinion. I wouldn't even care which version, honestly, as long as they have that head!

Chris
          sigpic

Comment

• Megotastrophe
            Permanent Member
            • Jun 29, 2018

It does sort of seem like you can take just about any combination of different AHI Frankenstein parts and come up with a legit variation.

Comment

• darkmonkeygod
              Career Member
              • Sep 5, 2005

Originally posted by Megotastrophe
              It does sort of seem like you can take just about any combination of different AHI Frankenstein parts and come up with a legit variation.
              Oh, not at all. It saddens me how often I see the distinct elements of different releases incorrectly mashed together.

Comment

Working...
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎